Chapter Thirty-Six

A/N: Holy crap, it's been nearly two months since I've updated. Sorry for the long wait, I didn't give up on this story, I've just been extremely busy with school work, exams and then summer started and I've been busy hanging out with friends. Yeah, for once, I have a social life. It's been so long since I've written but yesterday, I suddenly found the inspiration to start writing so here's a new chapter! TBH, it might not be my best work but it's somewhat of a filler chapter that leads towards the next events that will happen. Hope you guys enjoy this! Like and Comment if you wish :) ♥

---

It is the dark, my entire world is dark and it feels as if there is some sort of pressure that is pushing down on my chest, suffocating me. My finger twitches slightly and some feeling returns to it. Slowly, I can feel my body return to its normal state but my mind is still trapped. Trapped in darkness.

Alayne, the familiar woman’s voice whispers.

Suddenly, all the feeling in my entire body returns and I spring up, gasping for air. I glance around wildly, in a completely unfamiliar location. Tall trees fill my vision as does the slowly settling night sky. My eyes finally focus and I train my gaze on the face of my dear brother, Elijah.

Shock and confusion must have been the only emotions showing on my face as I took in his appearance. Elijah is wearing a suit as usual which does not surprise me but still, I remain shock.

“Welcome back Alayne,” Elijah says.

“Elijah,” I gasp, clutching my throat. “W-what is going on?”

“You were daggered,” he informs me. “Not for long though.”

The memories flood back and I remember both Stefan and Bonnie were involved. My lips curl up in hatred.

“What happened?” I have to fight to keep my voice level.

“I’m not quite sure what you missed but from what Damon told me, he gave Klaus the coffins minus the locked one and he was not involved in Stefan and Bonnie’s plan to harm you.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Look Alayne, I was just recently undaggered myself. I have no idea what I missed and I’m slowly piecing everything together. Damon struck a deal with me, he would help me take down Klaus and all he wanted was my word. He was even willing to give you to me.”

“Oh wonderful, I’m considered a bargaining chip now?” I ask sarcastically. Then something dawns on me. “Didn’t Klaus or Sebastian try to figure out what happened to me?”

“Sebastian is locked away in the cellar of the Salvatore boarding house. They injected him with a load of vervain and used the witch to sedate him and keep him down. They are depriving him of blood and his body is slowly starting to shut down. As for Niklaus, he has other things to be worried about.”

Anger courses through me as I think about what they have done to Sebastian.

“Look Alayne, I need you to be calm right now. Can you do that for your dear brother?” Elijah asks seriously, staring intently into my eyes.

I sigh. “What do you need Elijah?”

“Stefan and Damon are coming over to dine with Niklaus and myself soon. No one knows of your whereabouts and I plan to bring back the rest of our family.”

“Wait, where are we right now?” I glance around at the surrounding trees.

“Behind the mansion,” explains Elijah. “I apologize but I didn’t exactly have time to get you somewhere nice before I awakened you.”