Chapter Thirteen

A/N: So like I promised, the picture at the side is the casting I did for Sebastian!

Anyways, this is my second upload in two days! School is starting tomorrow and updates will probably come once a week :( It really depends on whether or not I have the time to write. Don't worry though, I'm not abandonning this story because I actually have a lot of fun writing it! Thank you for the votes and nice comments, and good luck to any one who's just started a brand new school year! :)

Ps. Sorry for such a short chapter, I promise I'll make it up to you in the next one.

---

I ran to meet Damon at the old church and found him cursing and kicking at the rubble.

"Stop," I tell him.

He instantly pins me up against a tree. "Did you kill him?"

I frown at him. "Don't be stupid. I wanted to know what he knew too."

He lets me go and I dust myself off. I decide to keep it a secret that Alaric was the one who killed Logan since I didn't want to be responsible for Mr. Saltzman's death.

Damon peeks at me. "He said there was a spell to break it. You're a powerful witch, aren't you? Do you think you could break the spell?"

"And unleash twenty seven blood thirsty vampires into this world?" I ask. "What would I gain?"

Damon shrugs and doesn't pressure me further, knowing that I had a bad temper. Suddenly, my vampire senses pick up on something and then screaming fills my ears. I fall over; clutching my head and Damon is instantly at my side.

"What's wrong?"

"Elena," I manage to gasp. The screaming has subsided and I am promptly alert.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Damon asks again.

"It's Elena," I repeat. "We need to go now." I take off in the direction I knew I had to go. There was a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach and something did not feel right. My suspicions are confirmed when I reach the scene of the crime. Elena's car is overturned and I see her struggling inside. About ten yards away from her, a figure is detangling himself from his broken limbs. I hear his body parts snap back into place and I stand there, frozen in horror as he stalks towards Elena. Before he reaches her though, he looks up and I manage to catch a glimpse of his face. Suddenly, the guy freaks and runs in the opposite direction. Two seconds later, Damon is at the car, trying to get Elena out. I snap out of my shock and go help him.

"Elena, put your hands on the roof," I instruct.

She does what I tell her and I yank open the entire side of the car. Damon picks her up and carries her away from the mess.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Of course she's not okay," Damon rolls his eyes at me. Then he starts talking to Elena. "Is anything broken? Can you stand?"

"Of course she can't stand," I shoot back, mockingly, as Damon attempts to put Elena on her feet. She collapses back into his arms.

"I look like her," Elena whimpers, right before she passes out.

Damon and I both look at each other at the same time before we look back at Elena.

"What?"

I shrug. "Are you going to take care of her?"

"Yeah, I'll take good care of dear, sweet Elena here."

***