Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: Hey guys, TVD is back today! 

This will probably be the last chapter I update for a while since exams start next week and I have loads of studying to do. I decided to take a break from the actual plot and write a little bit about the other characters I've added to the plotline. Hopefully the chapter works out alright. Anyways, once again, thank you so much for reading! xoxo

---

“Tasha! Willa!” I run up and hug the two girls who I haven’t seen in a while.

“Alayne!” Tasha hugs me back hard. “Oh how wonderful it is to see you again!”

I grin at her. “How are you doing with your adjustment to the twenty first century?”

“Well apparently, women now dress in a distasteful fashion but other than that, I think we’re doing pretty well,” Willa wrinkles her nose.

Willa’s outfit is perfect for the scenario we are currently in. The restaurant they wanted me to meet them at was high class and expensive, one of the best in New York. They had received word that Nathaniel was going to be there tonight so I decided to meet them at the restaurant.

Willa is wearing a nice and classy long, white, linen dress. She has her hair braided to the side and she is wearing silver gladiator sandals to match her outfit. Tasha is wearing more clothes that were slightly more revealing. Her blonde hair is perfectly curled and she is wearing a tight, short black dress with red pumps for a burst of colour. I am slightly surprised at how quickly they adapted with the fashion trends.

“Hey, did you forget someone?” Sebastian scowls from beside his sisters.

I smirk at him. “No, I think I got all the important people.”

Sebastian’s scowl deepens and he glares at me but before he has a change to say another word, a waiter comes over and escorts us to our table. Willa clings onto my arm while we’re being lead to our seats.

“I like your dress,” she purses her lips. “Where did you find stuff like that?”

I’m wearing a short red, strapless dress that has a sweetheart neckline and flared out at my waist. My heels were black which contrasted nicely with the black lace that was embroidered on the dress.

“I’ll take you shopping,” I grin and promise her.

We reach our table and Natasha shoves me into the seat next to Sebastian. She grins cheekily before sliding in beside Willa. The waiter places our menus down on the table before retreating quietly. I open my menu and look at the selections.

“I haven’t had fine food in a long time,” I muse.

“That’s because you’ve been stuck in a small town,” drawls Sebastian, not looking up from his menu.

“I am so thankful to be gone,” I say. “I didn’t realize how suffocating other people’s problems could be.”

“I’m surprised you actually lasted so long,” Tasha smirks. “So are you leaving Mystic Falls for good?”

“As of now, I think I’m going to stay away. Damon and Stefan are cool but they come with way too much baggage and drama.” I take a sip of my water which the waiter has just poured. “And Katherine is in town as well.”

Natasha and Willa both raise their eyebrows.

“Does your brother know she is there?” Willa asks timidly. “I mean, I’m assuming that he is still looking for her right?”

“What I’d like to know is why he isn’t already there,” Tasha says. “I mean, I’ve seen the doppelganger there so where is your brother? Unless he doesn’t know that the next one has appeared…”