Chapter Twenty-Five

Katherine was after the moonstone. If the Lockwoods do have the moonstone, that explains why Katherine has returned to Mystic Falls. I smile internally to myself. The bitch was playing a risky game here if she thought she could bargain for her life.

After all the drama that had occurred, I decide to call it quits for the night. I climbed into my soft, comfy bed and fell asleep almost instantly.  When I woke the next day, it was already well into the afternoon.

“Hi sleepyhead,” Damon greets me when I walk into the kitchen in my pyjamas.

I glare at him. “I think I’ve earned my sleep. Do you have a blood bag?”

Damon reached into the fridge and tossed me one. “I thought you hated blood bags?”

“I do but I’m not in the mood to drive out of town. Blood bags are so bad though, I don’t know how you can handle it.”

Damon laughs. “Blood is blood, there is no such thing as bad blood. Although I have to agree that blood from the vain is much, much better.”

“So what time is it?”

“Three in the afternoon.”

“What?! I thought it was only eleven,” I mumble. “Well that’s another day wasted but I have an eternity to live so who cares.”

“You missed our meeting this morning.”

“Meeting?”

“We’re looking into the theory of lycanthropy and Alaric has agreed to help out.”

“Great, do you need me to do anything?”

“Yeah, just stick around town and keep an eye on things. Stefan is going over to Caroline’s and Elena, Alaric and I are going up to Duke to view the research that Isobel did. We all know she was a fanatic for the supernatural.”

“She was obsessed with vampires but hey, who knows, she could have stumbled upon other things as well,” I shrug. “Text me if you find anything.”

“Sure. But do me a favour, if you have time, go watch Mason Lockwood.”

“Damon I’m not stalking Mason Lockwood. Just because you have a man cru-”

I close my mouth and just grin at him when I see the look he is giving me.

“I’m heading off now to Elena’s,” Damon informs me.

“Oh wait! I want to come too,” I say. “Let me change really quickly.”

In a flash, I’m back in the kitchen where Damon looks like he hasn’t moved a muscle. However, instead of wearing pyjamas, I was now sporting a pair of tight black yoga pants along with a white tank top.

“You look like you’re going for a nice jog around the neighbourhood,” Damon comments, checking out my butt.

“Hey eternal stud, eyes up here,” I say. “Come on, let’s go.”

Damon and I decide to walk over to Elena’s house. The walk is nice, quiet and peaceful. I didn’t think it was possible to have a peaceful moment with Damon Salvatore. When we get to Elena’s house, I see Alaric and Jenna talking in the door way while I know Stefan and Elena are having a make out session upstairs. I tried to listen further but Jeremy didn’t seem to be home. He was probably out somewhere with Anna.

Damon and I stand outside and wait while everyone else is taking their precious time in saying their goodbyes. You would have thought they were never going to see each other again. Finally, Alaric, Elena and Stefan come out. Alaric climbs into the driver’s seat while Damon leans on the side of the car and smirks at Stefan.