Chapter Five

I wake up one morning to find that the house is quite empty. Oh right, Zach was dead and Damon was locked up in the basement. I decide to go searching for Stefan to see if he was still in the house. Sure enough, I found Stefan in the basement talking to Damon.

"Without blood, you will grow weaker and weaker," states Stefan. "Eventually you will become so weak that you won't be able to move or speak. You'll become a living corpse, unable to hurt anyone. Ever."

"So are you just going to leave me in the basement?" I hear Damon croak.

"I'll move you to the family crypt and re-evaluate you in fifty years," responses Stefan.

Damon laughs weakly. "I'm stronger than you think."

I step out and approach the door that Damon is locked up behind. "You're strong, but no strong enough to resist vervain."

"Bitch," growls Damon weakly.

I can feel my anger rising and I debate whether or not to snap Damon's neck again. I feel Stefan grab my arm warningly.

"Don't," he says softly. Stefan looks at Damon who is lying pitifully on the ground. "I wish it didn't have to be this way." Then he starts up the stairs.

I stay there a little bit longer and I look at Damon. "Family shouldn't lock each other up," I mutter. "That is just so wrong."

"So then free me you bitch," snarls Damon.

I smirk at him. "Play nice or I won't even consider it. Let's see how boring this town gets and then maybe I will release you back into the world."

I get into my Lamborghini and drive to school. It's been a while since I've actually attended and I'm behind on a couple of assignments. I arrive at the school and I immediately see Jeremy Gilbert and Vicki Donovan making out at the side of the school.

I walk up to Tyler who is watching them from afar.

"Hey dickhead," I greet Tyler.

He just glares at me and ignores me.

"So when did that happen?" I ask, pointing to Jeremy and Vicki.

"They day I was acting like a douche to you," he growls.

I give Tyler a sympathetic look and drag him away. "It's not polite to stare at people while they are full on making out," I say lightly. Tyler just sighs and looks away, allowing me to drag him into the school.

"Hey guys, you two are participating in our car wash right tomorrow?" Caroline chirps.

After the scene with Damon on the night of the founders' party, I had done a spell to block out Caroline's memory. I couldn't compel her since she had vervain in her blood but the spell would have the same effect.

"Hey Caroline," I smile at her. "Um, no thanks."

"Why?!" Caroline cries. "We need more pretty girls like you!"

I look at Tyler, silently pleading for him to help me. He just laughs and ignores my silent pleads.

"She'll be there and so will I," Tyler smirks at me.

Asshole.

I groaned. "I hate you both." I walk away and head towards Elena and Bonnie who are at their lockers.

"I haven't heard from him since three days ago," I heard Elena telling Bonnie. They both look at me when I approach them.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here in a while," comments Bonnie.

"Yeah I've been feeling lazy," I shrug.