Chapter Eight

Evening comes pretty quick.  Elena leaves but Damon has come back. The whole time, Vicki has been blasting horrible music from Stefan’s room and it was annoying.

“Don’t kill her.” Stefan had to warn me multiple times when he saw me step out of my room.

I hear the front door slam loudly and suddenly, the entire house is quiet.

“Stefan? Damon?” I peek my head out of my room. There is no reply. Then I hear shouting from the front yard.

“Damon, you idiot! You lost her!”

“Oops, my bad.”

I walk outside to see Stefan and Damon nearly at each other’s throats.

“Woah! You two need to stop fighting!” I pull them apart. “What happened?”

“Vicki’s gone.”

“What? How?” I ask.

Stefan glares at Damon before he replies me. “That idiot taught her how to run.”

“She probably went home. I’ll go find her.” I race off to Matt’s house and ring his doorbell.

He opens it right away and when he sees me, his face seems to lighten up a little. Or was it just my imagination?

“Hey Aly,” he smiles.

“Matthew,” I grin. “Is Vicki home?”

“I don’t want to talk to her!!!” I hear Vicki shout.

Matt looks at me apologetically. “Sorry Al, she just got home and she’s not feeling well.”

“Matt, please. I need to see her.” I give him my puppy dog eyes and he falls for it.

“Okay, fine. Come on in.”

I gingerly take a step forward into the house.

“Hi Vicki.”

“Alayne, get out. I don’t want to see you right now.”

“There is no need to get all bitchy about it.”

“Hey, if you came just to call my sister a bitch, you can leave,” Matt says protectively, pointing to the door.

My heart clenches a little and I don’t know why but I can’t explain the feeling. I stalk over to the door, throw it open to  leave without saying goodbye. I walk right into Damon.

“Why are you so angry?” he asks.

I don’t bother answering him. Instead, I shove past him and stalk away.

“Where are you going?” Damon calls after me.

“There’s a Halloween thing going on at school, I’m going home to change before going,” I manage to spit out before disappearing in a blur. I got back to the boarding house and changed into the outfit Caroline got me. I didn’t bother with make up since I didn’t really need it. When I arrive at the school, Caroline and Bonnie are already there.

“Hey, you look amazing!” Caroline shrieks, hugging me. “That dress is perfect!”

It was perfect. After all these years, it still fit my body nicely in all the right places. The dress hadn’t changed one bit.

“Thanks for finding it for me.”

Tyler walks up to us with drinks. “Want some?”

“No way,” says Bonnie. “Last year, I was hung over until Thanksgiving.”

Caroline and I gladly accept the drinks though.

“I am going to drink until someone is hot enough to make out with,” announces Caroline. I just laugh at that and Tyler smirks.