Chapter Thirty

“So now that you’ve got this back, what are you going to do with it?” Elena asks as she holds up the moonstone and inspects it.

Her, Damon, Sebastian and I were all gathered in Elena’s bedroom to discuss what the next step was.

“Well the original plan was to get Bonnie to unspell the moonstone,” Damon states.

“Wait, you know that’s not possible, right?” I interject.

Sebastian nods. “She’s right, unspelling the moonstone will have no effect. Where did you guys get this information from anyways?”

“Rose was able to contact her friend Slater and he mentioned that unspelling the moonstone would prevent the curse from being broken,” explains Damon.

I roll my eyes. “Don’t listen to anything that bitch tells you. Elena and I went to Richmond to find Slater and he was dead so obviously there’s more to this. I think he was compelled to give you false information.”

“Oh right, you took Elena on her suicide mission,” Damon glares at me.

“Oh wait, you were the one that killed me because that bitch told you to,” I shoot back. “I’ll wait until her body desiccates and then I think I’ll torture her some more.”

“Whatever,” spits Damon. “I’m taking the moonstone to Bonnie and I’ll see if she can do anything with it since the Original Queen here clearly isn’t planning to.”

I glare at Damon. “I have a perfectly valid reason for not bothering with the moonstone: it’s not going to work!”

Sebastian rests a hand on my shoulder. “Aly, stop wasting your breath, it’s quite obvious he isn’t really listening. Let him waste his own time, he’ll figure it out eventually.”

I smile at Sebastian. “You’re right. We should just leave since there is nothing for us to do here.”

I move towards the door but Elena stops me.

“Aly, don’t be like that.”

“Elena, stop trying to get yourself killed,” I taunt. “You guys go ahead and do whatever you please. Just remember, when Klaus and his vengeance show up on your front door step, I will not fight him for you. Truthfully, I’m more likely to side with Klaus.”

“I see why Stefan doesn’t trust you now,” grumbles Damon.

“Klaus is my-” I shut my mouth and rephrase what I almost blurted out. “Klaus and I have been acquainted for a very, very long time. In fact, I’ve known him for a thousand years now. And I really don’t know why there are trust issues. I’m perfectly honest with you lot most of the time. I just keep the contents of my personal life more private, which I’m pretty sure in understandable.”

“Okay, now that you’re done with your speech, you can leave,” Damon says, pointing to the door.

I narrow my eyes at him and am about to pounce but Sebastian beats me to it. In a flash, he has Damon pinned against Elena’s bookshelf.

“Don’t you dare speak to my girlfriend like that ever again or I swear, I will personally rip you apart, limb by limb and I’ll make precious Elena there watch,” snarls Sebastian.

I bite my lip to stifle my laughter. Sebastian could be quite intimidating, but to me, he was still the same stupid boy I met a thousand years ago. I could tell Damon was unsettled though because he actually looked like he was trying to back away and he was swallowing like crazy.

“Aly, tell him to stop,” urges Elena.

I shrug. “Elena, he’s my boyfriend, not my dog. I don’t order him around, geez.”