Chapter Thirty-One

[Sebastian’s POV]

I come out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around my waist to find that the boarding house is eerily quiet. No one seems to be home.

“Hello?” I call out.

I feel kind of stupid and out of place, and wonder where Aly went. Using another towel to dry my soaking hair, I head down the hallway and down the stairs. The living room is empty and so is the kitchen.

Then, I hear a banging noise, followed by yelling that seemed to be coming from downstairs. I run as quickly as I could while keeping my towel around my waist, down to the cellar of the boarding house. The sight I am seeing would have been quite terrifying if I was not such a sadistic person.

Anna looks rabid and she has Jeremy pinned against the wall. Her fangs are bared and she is struggling to sink her teeth into his neck. The only reason she hasn’t succeeded yet is because Jeremy is fighting back with all his might.

“Anna!” I yell and lunge forward. I tackle her to the ground, pinning her down by her shoulders. “Anna! Snap out of it. That’s Jeremy, you were attacking your BOYFRIEND, JEREMY GILBERT.” I slap her cheek to make sure I got my message across.

I watch as the veins in Anna’s eyes withdraw and her eyes become clear again.

“W-what’s happening to me?” she stutters. Her eyes dart quickly towards Jeremy. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry. Jeremy, I’m sorry!” she sobs hysterically.

Jeremy looks frozen solid. His eyes are wide as he just stares at Anna.

“Jeremy,” I snap.

His gaze moves over to me and it’s like he is defrosting. He moves towards us and I move out of the way so he can comfort his girlfriend. Miraculously, my towel has managed to stay on although it had significantly slid lower down my hips. I pull it back up and I glance at Jeremy, who is now murmuring soothing words to Anna.

“I’m just going to put on some clothes and then I’ll be right back,” I say lamely.

I run up the stairs quickly and into the bedroom that I have claimed for myself. I pull out a pair of black jeans, a loose fitting grey shirt and a grey beanie to complete my outfit. I head back downstairs and notice that Jeremy and Anna are on the couch again.

“Hey, do you know where everyone else went?” I ask Jeremy.

“I think Damon and Alaric went out to search for the wolf. And Alaric told me to tell you that Aly stepped out for a bit,” says Jeremy.

I shake my head, slightly annoyed. Aly was always disappearing off somewhere without telling me. I wander into the kitchen and decide to call her to see where she went.

Hey, this is Aly. I’m busy right now but you know what to do. Just leave a message after the beep.

I put my phone away in frustration. Girls were actually so annoying.

There is sudden shouting again, followed by a door slamming and once again, I am running to see what had happened. I was honestly growing quite irritated by the constant disturbances. If this was the crap that Aly had to deal with every single day, props to her. I don’t know how she handles it but it was driving me insane.

When I reach the living room, I see Jeremy lying unconscious on the ground. It looks like he was knocked out. Unfortunately, Anna was nowhere to be seen.

I walk over to Jeremy’s unconscious body and shake up roughly. His eyes flutter open.

“Anna,” he gasps.