Chapter Nineteen

A/N: HAPPY TVD THURSDAY :)

---

I wake up one morning to hear loud, obnoxious music blaring from Stefan’s room. Angrily, I drag myself out of bed with my blanket wrapped around me. I walk over to Stefan’s room with it draped around my shoulders and dragging on the floor. I pass Damon on the way who laughs at my frazzled appearance.  Stefan is working out in his room.

“Can you turn it down?!” I yell at Stefan rudely. I had the right to be rude; no one should dare to wake me up from my deep slumber.

“Sorry,” Stefan says.

Damon walks into the room behind me and heads over to the stereo system, turning off the music.

“That was so annoying.”

“I know,” I grumble, yawning.

“When are you going back to school?” Damon asks Stefan before turning to me. “And are you ever going to actually go for a full day of school?”

“Soon,” Stefan replies as he’s doing push ups.

“I’ll go when I feel like it,” I yawn.

“Oh come on, just drink already.” Damon walks over to Stefan and waves his glass of blood in front of his face. “Come on, this self-detox is not natural.”

“Could you get that away from me, please?” requests Stefan.

“How long did you take yourself to wean off of it the last time you indulged?”

Stefan doesn’t answer him.

“Yeah, that’s not good.”

“I’ll be fine; it just takes a little bit of time.”

“I don’t get it,” I say. “I mean, you don’t have to kill to survive.”

“Yeah, that’s what blood banks are for,” Damon adds. “I haven’t hunted a human in… god, way too long.”

“Wow, I’m impressed,” Stefan says while continuing his push ups.

“That’s completely self-serving. I’ve been trying to get the town off the trail of vampires which is not very easy, considering there is a tomb of them running around.”

“What are we planning to do about them?” I ask.

“We won’t be doing much of anything if Stefan does not have his strength,” Damon states. “There is nothing wrong in partaking on a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank. You aren’t actually killing anyone.”

“I have my reasons.”

“Well what are those reasons?” I ask curiously.

“You know, we’ve never actually discussed that.” Damon crosses his arms across his chest and sits down on a chair. “I’d love to hear this story.”

“You’re really enjoying this aren’t you?” Stefan questions. “Watching me struggle?”

“Very much so.”

“I hate to break it to you Damon but I actually have it under complete control.”

Damon looks disappointed. “You do?”

Stefan nods.

“Oh, then you should just carry on and continue making the rest of us vampires look bad.” He stands up and leaves, leaving his glass of blood on the table. “Have a great day Stef.”

I can see Stefan’s eyes darken but I sigh as I walk over to the glass and down the whole cup. I lick my lips and shudder a little.

“Ugh, fresh blood is still a hundred times better.”