Chapter 16

John left the castle to look for his family. More of Dracula's army start entering the Ascalon Castle and Lord Victor followers they were being slaughtered, the battle for The Ascalon Castle was already lost there were too many enemies, Victor followers were starting to die, the Gullheims too, they couldn't handle so many enemies at once, then Jack approached to Lord Victor and speaks to him enjoying himself.

"Just So we are clear, I am the one who murdered your wife!! Not Dracula!!"

Then Lord Victor got mad and start fighting with all of his might but unfortunately, Jack dodges all of his attacks and ends up murdering Lord Victor with his sword by putting it on his heart.

"Nooooo!!! Lord Victor!!!" Cry's out Conor with pain to see his master dying.

Jack left the castle, then the castle exploded by a big spell launched by a witch wearing a black cloak. She murders most of the vampires and Gullheims in there. There were only three survivors of that big explosion, those three were Valmir, Bloodmir, and Conor.

"So, are you three going to join us!? Or are you going to die with your fellas!?" Said Lady Ashbury smiling at them.

"Please excuse my friend here but I think what she is trying to say is that our mission it's to annihilate mankind!! Not murdering our species! So, are you in!?" Asked Jack BlackWood with an evil smiled.

The three of them looked at each other and said yes with fear and joined Dracula's army. Back with John, he was running as fast as he could and he was seeing the city in flames and falling by Dracula's army with all of those creatures murdering.

Back with Zack and his followers, they were almost at John's parents' house but then someone talks to them and say.

"We have to kill John's family they are protecting a monster!"

"What!? Who are you!?" Asked Zack.

Then the mysterious man stepped out of the shadows and it was Zack's father.

"Father!!?" Said Zack surprised

"My son, John is one of those things and his family is protecting him, we must kill them for betraying us."

"No! We can't, they are my best friend's family! You are lying!!"

"Oh, my dear son! We don't have time for this! Everyone follow me!"

"No, wait!!"

Then everyone followed Zack's father and left Zack behind and someone in the shadows at high-speed murder Zack by putting his claws at his stomach, he never even see it coming.

Back with John, he was so worried that something terrible would have happened to his family. Then John stops and he was petrified because he had in front of him, Dracula!

"You.... you are him!! Dracula!" Said John with fear.

"My child please stop protecting the humans, they are the real monsters in this world, join me instead. You could be a strong member of my army!!"

"Never!!"

John uses his speed at his advantage and evades Dracula. After a long run John stops, and he sees his best friend dying slowly in the middle of the street, so he approaches him.

"Zack!!?" Cry's out John concern that it will be his best friend dying.

"John is.... that...you!? I can't even tell, I barely can see. Am...so scared...of dying." Said Zack with difficulty speaking.

"Zack please don't!! Don't say that!! Stay with me!!!"

"You...must go....my father wants to...murder your family."

John then gets surprised about what Zack said.

"What!!!? What are you talking about!!!?" Asked John confused.

"He thinks...that you are...one of them. One of those monsters...attacking the city."

"Wha...." John couldn't believe what he was hearing, so then he looks that Zack was wearing the hunters' uniform.

"You...you are a hunter!!!"

"Ye...yes."

"But...why?"

"Just....go my friend!! You...must protect your.... family!! You will always be....my best friend!!"

Then sadly Zack dies at John's arms.

"Noooooo! Please nooo!! You were like a brother to me!!!! Nooooo!!!"

John starts crying but he knows that he needs to protect his family. So, then he stands up and starts running to see his parents' house. Then at John's house, many screams were heard. John enters and sees all his family dead and some of his family members brutally killed. His twin little brothers that they were only nine years old had their heads crush like if they were beaten by a hammer, her mother had her throat cut off and her arms chopped, her girlfriend had arrows in her stomach, his father had a sword in his face, her sister's fiancé had his eyes missing and one arrow in his forehead and her sister had a sword through her heart.

"Oh no! This......this is not happening; this is not happening! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!" Yells John in pain, he starts crying again but this time for his family, then he approached his dead girlfriend, he then kneels and puts his head in her chest and start yelling and crying.

"Whyyyyy!!!!!! Please, God!!! Make this nightmare stop!!!!"

Then Dracula appeared at John's back and tells him.

"I told you and everyone that mankind needs to suffer and die! Look at what they have done!"

Then Zack's father was barely alive and tries to go away, but he had some deep wounds in his back and legs made by a sword that stop him from going away rapidly. Then John looked at him.

"You!!! You did this to them!!" Said John with too much rage, his eyes turn red, his teeth changed, and his hands transform into deadly claws.

"They tried to defend themselves, but they had to die. For PROTECTING YOU!!! A MONSTER!!!" Yells Zack's father.

Then John grabs Zack's father by his neck.

"You are the monster for this, and you must die!!!"

"Oh yeah!! Then do it!! Show me the real monster that is inside of you, John!! SHOW ME!!"

"YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE!!"

John yells and bites Zack's father in his neck until he dies. Then he goes to his sister, he grabs her and start saying that he was sorry for not getting any sooner and for not being able to protect them from those monsters.

"Do you see it now, John!? Do you see it!? They are a plague to our world!" Said Dracula messing with his mind.

"YES, MANKIND HAS TO DIE!!!!!"