Chapter 62

Nancy's POV

I look over when the dogs start barking and Salem toddles over to the door I knew that she would be happy the door opens and she holds her arms up instantly for Zak he picks her up then hugs her tightly and buries his face into her black hair. I knew being away from her was starting to be hard on him she hugs back then turns head and reaches for Mallory almost making Zak drop her I look at the two of them "How did it go?" they sit down on the couch and Zak begins telling me about the lockdown and ask how things have been going with his museum while they were gone. I tell him what's been going and how many people have came in I smile as Salem curls up in Mallory's arms one hand in her the other wrapped around her necklace sleeping her first nap since they had been gone.

Mallory's POV

I step outside and see Zak in the pool with Salem I go over and carefully sit down in one of the chairs he looks up at me while he helps her float. "I want to talk to you about something sweetie." I nod slowly and he comes over closer where we can talk. He takes a deep breath then looks at Salem, the dogs and then looks back at me "I've been doing some thinking after this maybe we should take more time off and possibly leave the show." I look at him surprised at the idea then shake my head. "You have the highest-ranking show on the channel, millions of fans, I don't want you to think you have to give up your dream but if this is because of me, Salem, or the baby we can figure something out." Zak nods slowly and looks down at Salem. "Will you love me and support me no matter what I decide?" I nod quickly "Of course I will I promise" I would be happy no matter what he decided to do.

Zak's POV

I hold Salem in my lap while we sit down in the chair across from the small examining table that Mal was sitting on while we were waiting for Dr. McHale to come in. It was hard to schedule an appointment around the film schedule of the show but I refused to find another doctor this time I bounce Salem and kiss her cheeks. She looks at me and I smile "are you excited about being a big sister?" She nods "how will the baby come out daddy?" I freeze for a minute and hear Mallory start laughing. I hadn't been prepared for this question "Um Well in a few months mommy will go to the hospital and have the baby." She nods and I relax as she plays with the chain on my necklace. There's a knock on the door then the doctor walks in time for everything to get started.

Mallory's POV

I take a deep breath and try to relax as she moves the wand around on my stomach, I turn my head and smile when I see the image on the screen and a few seconds later the heartbeat fills the room. I sigh in relief the baby and I were both doing okay which is what I cared about the most. Zak squeezes my hand then looks over at Dr. McHale "is there anyway to tell what we are having yet?" she looks at the screen then moves it around a little bit more "it's early to tell but I believe it's a boy I will be able to tell more when you come back for your next appointment." I smile and look up at Zak. He adjusts Salem in his arms then leans down and kisses me I kiss back and rub his cheek gently. I was happy and relieved I knew how much we both wanted this.