Chapter 28

A FEW DAYS LATER

Zak's POV

While Bacon and Aaron keep Mal distracted, so I could get everything set up for tonight I sneak in our hotel room and lay the dress on the bed I step back and look at it. This dress was perfect it was the same one she had worn in high school for prom but in a different size I put the shoes on the bed next to it then lay the note on the best "Planned something special for dinner tonight see you at school in the gym xoxo Zak" I go shower then fix my hair and get dressed I wasn't wearing a tux this time though, I pat the ring box in my jeans then takes a deep breath this was it I was going to propose to my high school I knew that with her marriage wouldn't be as bad as I had thought it would be. We could travel the world together and she would be there for every lock down that we did she would always be right by my side through our good moments, my dark moods, and my lockdown hang overs. I leave the hotel and drive off to the school

Mallory's POV

I walk in the hotel room late that evening and stop when I see the dress and shoes on the bed I walk over then read the note Zak left he wanted to recreated our prom night I look at the dress I couldn't believe he was able to find one like what I had worn that night. I put on the dress then zip it up, it pushed up my chest I sit down then put on my shoes and walk outside and see Bacon standing in front of limo wearing a black sport coat and a driver's hat I laugh and walk over then look at him. "He got you in on this too" he nods then opens the limo door, "All I can say is we all helped tonight?" I smile then get in and Bacon shuts the door then gets in and starts driving. I wondered what Zak had planned and why he wanted to create prom night?

Zak's POV

I take a deep breath when light the final candle in the middle of the table I hear the gym door open and heels start hitting the floor she was here I look at her and my heart starts pounding in my chest she was even more beautiful than she was in high school I smile hen she stops in front of me. I run my hands down her waist "you look amazing" she blushes at my compliment I take her hand then lead her out on the floor and push play on the remote that controlled the sound system she looks at me when Take My Breath Away starts playing I wrap my arms around her and pull her close. She wraps her arms around my neck while we sway slowly I kiss over her shoulders and close my eyes "Watching in slow motion as you turn my way and say Take my breath away" I hear her laugh softly then she kisses the side of my neck. This was going great so far and I hoped that when I proposed to her she would say yes.

Mallory's POV

Slow songs continue playing while we sit at the table eating the food Zak had for us I look at him he had changed so much since high school. His style, his hair, the all black clothing, and the contacts and all the muscles but it was a good change. He looks at me "something wrong?" I shake my head "just thinking about how much you've changed since we were here I remember what you were like then" he takes my hand then looks in my eyes. "I know my appearance has changed a lot since then, I was a skinny little guy that would get bullied a lot I was lucky to have a girl like you I didn't think it was real that you would want someone like me" I squeeze his hand to stop him. "You're not anymore but I picked you then because you were different you're a good that's not changed." He had always been great I knew that would never change.

" He had always been great I knew that would never change

Zak's POV

I lead her down the hall to our home room then walk inside and look around I go over to some desks then look at her it was time. I get the ring out of my pocket and get down on one knee and look up at her, "You're my high school sweetheart, my friend, my support, the sound of your name silences all of my demons, I knew I wanted this from the moment I met you I love you more than anything and whatever I go through in life I want to go through with you. Will you marry me?" She looks at me surprised and probably shocked. She licks her lips and when she speaks her voice is a whisper, "yes" I slide the ring on her finger and kiss her slowly she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck I grab her waist then pick her up and spin her around. She laughs then kisses my cheek I knew my mom would be thrilled when I told her that she had said yes.

 She laughs then kisses my cheek I knew my mom would be thrilled when I told her that she had said yes