Chapter 52

TWO MONTHS LATER

Nancy's POV

I walk in the dressing room and smooth out the wrinkles of the black dress shirt Zak was wearing. He takes a deep breath I smile and pat him on the back "Are you ready?" he nods then turns around and looks at me "more than ready how are her and Salem doing I haven't seen them since yesterday morning?" I smile "Mallory looks beautiful wait until you see the dress Salem woke up in a happy mood this morning, she's excited she loves all the attention." He chuckles then slides on his jacket. This was finally it they were getting married, I couldn't be any happier for them I knew that they would be one couple that would last no matter what happened he would be a great husband and he was an amazing father. I was glad that Zak was finally taking this next step in his life.

Mallory's POV

I turn in the mirror and watch my wavy hair fall down my back, I run my fingers over the red lace on my dress I didn't recognize myself but I hoped that Zak would like the dress I chose for my wedding this was it after all these years we were finally getting married. We had a few bumps along the way to get here but every bump and good moment only made this journey more special and it had been worth it I loved Zak and I knew how much he loved me and Salem today I would have their last name and I was more than ready for it. I hear the music start then his mom walks out, then mine, his sister Meredith is next followed by his niece who was walking out with Salem. I take a deep breath then pick up my bouquet and walk out of the bridal suite.

 I take a deep breath then pick up my bouquet and walk out of the bridal suite

Zak's POV

I smile when Meredith lets Salem hold onto a smaller bunch of flowers she babbles and shakes it making everyone laugh I look up when the door opens and Mal walks in, I run my eyes over her slowly taking her in. It was a floor length red lace dress that was a little off her shoulders, she looked perfect and it made her black hair look darker and it contrasted with her pale skin she looked beautiful and she was fixing to be all mine this was one thing I had thought about and wanted since high school. I squeeze her hand after her dad places it in mine, she smiles then turns toward me, I smile back and kiss her head softly. I take a breath then feel my heart race when the preacher begins the ceremony.

Mallory's POV

I lick my lips nervously then look at Zak when it's time for me to say my vows and for a minute I see the small skinny boy I fell in love in high school. "I love you in a way that can't be expressed in words, only in kisses, glances, and all of the years to come for the rest of our lives. A lioness knows her king she trusts, honors, and obeys him like no one else and he protects her with everything he has like you do for me and our daughter I promise to be your lioness and today you become my king." I pick up his solid black wedding ring then slide it on his finger slowly I knew my vows hadn't been traditional, but they meant a lot to me and they had come from my heart and that's what mattered the most.

" I pick up his solid black wedding ring then slide it on his finger slowly I knew my vows hadn't been traditional, but they meant a lot to me and they had come from my heart and that's what mattered the most

Zak's POV

I look in her eyesthe makeup she had chosen made them look a darker shade of green then what theywere I start to get lost as I look in them, I take a deep breath then lick mylips and begin. "I have to catch my breath to believe this is real, that I'm finallymarrying my heart's desire and my best friend, love is give and take I give allmy love to you and I receive love and so much more in return you have beenthere with me when I didn't have anything and I know you will be by my side nomatter how much or how little money I end up having. Thank you for your supportand your love." I slide the ring on her finger then kiss her hand softly, Ilisten then pull her against me when I hear "You may kiss the bride." I dip herand she kisses back then wraps her arms around my neck