Chapter 23

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Mallory's POV

I walk outside to the small garden of flowers and sit down I was happy to be here well I was trying to be happy here I missed Zak a lot but maybe being here for a little while would help me clear my head. I had hopped on a plane the day I left and came here to England I had always wanted to travel so I used money that I had been saving for a while and rented a cottage, it was nice but at night I was lonely. I'm brought out of my thoughts when the gate opens, I look up and slowly walking toward me in his all black I don't know how but he had managed to find me he reaches my chair then looks down at me and I'm afraid of what he's going to say to me I start biting my lip nervously and he clears his throat. "Can we talk?" I nod my head then lead him inside to the kitchen.

 "Can we talk?" I nod my head then lead him inside to the kitchen

Zak's POV

She didn't have to look so nervous around me I just wanted to fix things and bring her home I was the reason she left so I needed to fix this. I take a deep breath then look at her "I'm sorry for not making time for you I should have tried harder to be there and be your Zak and not just be a workaholic Zak I've been him for years I loved you so much I can't lose you again I'll do whatever it takes to get you to come back to Vegas with me" She looks at me and bites her lip again. "I love you too Zak and I've missed you maybe we can find and even mix of working Zak and my Zak I'm sorry I ran off" She didn't have to apologize. I reach over and rub her hand "I'm buying this cottage I like it plus I love England this way we can come back whenever we want to get away and have time alone." She smiles then walks over to me and kisses me.

Mallory's POV

I look over at him while we sit in the garden "I didn't think you would remember that I wanted to come here" he squeezes my hand. "I remember the entire conversation about why you wanted to come here we were talking about possibly getting married and all of the places we could go for our honeymoon you said England" I was surprised he remembered that. "When is the next lockdown?" "Three weeks" I nod then look at him "who's taking care of your museum?" "It's taken care of I'm on vacation and spending a week here with you" I blink slowly and lean back he was still full of surprises.

Zak's POV

Since my sleep schedule was different then hers I lay next to her that night and watch her sleep I moved strands of her hair off her face and listen to her slow and steady breathing. When I came back from the lockdown and read the note that she left I was scared, losing her again was something that I couldn't handle after being with her I knew that I couldn't live without her I had been with a lot of women, but I had one soul mate and that was her. She rolls over then curls up to me and lays her head against my chest I wrap my arms around her then pull her closer, I knew what I wanted it was her for the rest of my life I was ready to ask her to marry me I wanted to be her Zak more than I wanted to be workaholic Zak.