Chapter 24

Nancy's POV

I answer the phone when I see Zak is calling I pick it up and answer "how's the trip going are you having a good time?" "It's going great we will be coming back at the beginning of next week but today is perfect Dracula weather" if course he was on vacation and happy that it was cloudy. I hear him take a deep breath "Listen mom the reason I'm calling is I'll need your help with something when I get back to Vegas." "What would that be?" he coughs and clears his throat. "Finding an engagement ring I'm ready to ask Mal to marry me" I couldn't believe this I never thought this would happen for Zak I had started to believe when he said he would never get married. I was so happy for him "This is great I'll be more than happy to help!!" my son was finally getting engaged.

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Zak's POV

I walk through the jewelry store with my mom, my sister Meredith, and Aaron I hoped that no one would take pictures of us while we were out shopping I wanted it to be a secret, so I could surprise Mal with this proposal. I look inside every case Meredith points out a ring, I walk over then look down at it and shake my head it wasn't the right ring for her I wanted it to be something that Mal liked I keep walking and sigh this shouldn't be so difficult. "Hey bro come look at this one" I walk over to the case and look down at the ring it was black diamond with a black band with three smaller rows of diamonds it was a little over two Karats. It was the perfect ring for her I couldn't believe that I was really doing this.

  It was the perfect ring for her I couldn't believe that I was really doing this

Billy's POV

While Zak was shopping for engagement rings he gave me the job of keeping Mallory distracted and busy so that she wouldn't notice anything that was going on. I sit down on the park bench next to her while Gracie runs around playing, Mal looks over at me "Zak getting everything ready for the next lockdown?" I nod not saying anything then clear my throat when she leans back against the bench. "You think you'll come with us on our next one?" She shrugs "I just do the research and help out while I'm there Zak doesn't want me to go on the really bad ones he's afraid that something will happen to me." He was over protective of her but with him wanting to propose to her I could understand why.