Chapter 38

Zak's POV

I have Bacon stop the RV and I get out with Mal then get our bags she looks around "we are visiting my parents?" I nod "your mom knew we were coming I've always liked your parents they need to know we are getting married and that you are having a baby I don't want them to find out through a phone call or through social media" she wraps her arms around me and kisses me. I kiss back and wrap my arms around her waist she pulls back and looks up at me "I love you you're too good to me" I shake my head "you're family isn't with us in Vegas you should get to see them and when you have the baby they can visit you or you can come here and visit them" She kisses me and I look up when the door of the house opens. Her mom walks out of the house and hugs the two of us I hug back and she leads us in the house and starts talking about how happy she was that we were here for a visit.

Mallory's POV

Zak and I sit across the table across from my mom and dad he holds my hand under the table just like he used to when we were in high school I squeeze his and my dad looks at us "do you two get to spend a lot of time together since he has his show?" I was surprised that they watched Ghost Adventures. I nod "we are together all the time I work with him on the show I do the research for all of the locations" my dad nods then my mom looks at Zak "how has everything been going?" he takes a deep breath and sips some water "its going really well the show's new season starts, I'm running a museum now, and as for the two of us..." he trails off and clears his throat. I look at my parents "We are engaged and we are going to have a baby too" I feel Zak's hands start sweating while we wait for my parents reaction.

Zak's POV

This was it her dad was finally going to kill me I didn't ask for permission to propose and I had gotten her pregnant he clears his throat and looks at the two of us. "I know I don't have to worry about the two of you fighting or your feelings changing since you've been together, but I just don't want her to be hurt again like she was when you left after graduation so is this what the two of you want?" I didn't know it had hurt her when I moved, she never told me that. I lick my lips "Sir you've known me for years I would never hurt her on purpose and if I didn't want to marry her, I wouldn't have asked I want her and this baby it's not something I'm taking lightly I love them and I will do everything I can to provide for them." Her dad nods slowly. "I'm happy for you and I hope it works out I'm glad this moment is finally here." I guess her family had been waiting for this as long as my mom had.

Mallory's POV

I sit on the edge of the bed next to Zak in my old room after changing into pajamas he wraps an arm around my shoulders then rubs my stomach gently. "I'm glad your parents were happy for us and that they took the news well, how are you feeling?" I smile and lean back against the pillows and put my hand over his then squeeze his. "I'm fine don't worry I'm okay and the baby is great I'm a little over three months which is fifteen weeks, and our baby is the size of an Orange right now." He smiles then leans down and kisses my stomach. I start playing with his hair softly he turns his head and kisses my wrist he rubs my sides and looks up at me "I love you" I tug his hair gently "I love you too Zak." He kisses me softly then goes back to rubbing my stomach