Chapter 39

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Aaron's POV

I look around for Billy and Jay while we wait for Zak and Mallory to come in they had all asked us to come because they had something they wanted to tell us I wondered if the engagement was over and if something had happened. I look up as they walk in the conference room Zak goes to the head of the table and helps her into the seat next to him she leans back in the seat then Zak looks at the three of us "so the reason we wanted all of you to come here is we have something to tell you that we won't be able to hide much longer" I sit and start to get confused wondering where he was going with this. She reaches over and squeezes his hand he nods then looks back at us "we are going to have a baby she's pregnant" I was surprised but they had already done so many things I never thought Zak would do so I should have known this would happen at some point.

Zak's POV

After we meet with the crew, I drive out to the SPCA to see what I could help out with today I see Mal walk over to the kennels where the larger dogs were kept I start watching her she holds her hand out and a few sniff and lick her fingers then stops in front of a cage that contained a Doberman. I hadn't been around it because I wasn't sure of the breed after what I heard about them plus I had Gracie at home, she gets in the floor carefully and opens the cage I tense up afraid that it would attack her once it got the chance it stands up and moves closer to her. I walk over and stand behind her in case I needed to pull her back. The Doberman lowers its head and buries it against her stomach I guess dogs really could tell she wraps her arms around it then starts petting it I knew we would be taking it home.

Mallory's POV

I rub the back while the dog gets its shots and everything from the bet and the worker looks at Zak while he fills out the paperwork "what are you going to name him?" I look at it and smile when it starts licking my face happily I step back a bit so he can jump off the table. He moves closer to my side and I scratch his ears gently while he leans against my legs "I think I'm going to name him Ares" Zak looks at me and I can tell he's a little concerned about him being named after the god of war but he doesn't say anything. We go outside then get in the car and start driving home I reach over and hold his hand he squeezes mine then looks over at me "The day I met Gracie we had the same connection you had today with Ares I'm a little nervous about bringing him home, but he seems to be good with you." I smile he might be saying that, but I knew he would get to love Ares eventually.

" I smile he might be saying that, but I knew he would get to love Ares eventually

Zak's POV

I turn off the equipment and my computers then walk out of my office and go up to the bedroom to start getting ready for bed, I walk in and stop then shake my head. Mal was in bed already sleeping and next to her with their heads on her stomach was the dogs I knew Gracie would be protective of her but this eased my mind a little bit about Ares. I change then go over to the bed and lay next to her normally I would get to hold her but I would have to settle on just getting to be close to her, I kiss her head softly and she moves around a bit but doesn't wake up I yawn and fix the pillows and watch her sleep for awhile then look at the bump that was starting to show we had a lot to talk about and do before the baby got here.