Chapter 27

Aaron's POV

I go through with Zak while we go back to the spots that are supposed to have high activity to make sure all the cameras were in their places I look at him while we move the camera around. "Are you ready to propose to her at the end of the week?" He takes a deep breath then looks up at me "Yeah I'm ready I've never wanted anything more I didn't think I would want this but now that I'm with her I want that life and everything that comes with it." I never thought I would hear that from him I had known him and been friends with him for over ten years I could tell that this girl was his missing puzzle piece. I was happy, and I was going to support his decision I would be at their wedding and if they had kids I would be happy to help out with them I knew that Zak was afraid marriage and kids would lead to misery but with her I knew that he would be happy and they would have a good life.

Billy's POV

I set up all the equipment for audio and the laptop, so Jay and I would have views of all the rooms I look over at Mal when she sits down in a chair. "Are you staying for this lockdown?" she looks at me and shakes her head "No as soon as Zak gets in his Zone I'm going to head back to the hotel for the night" None of us knew what Zak and her did to get him ready for the lockdowns but it had been working for him. Sometimes they would just walk off for hours, or they would go for a drive, but I knew what happened before she would leave for the night, they would hug she would rub his back they would whisper something in each other's ear they would kiss and she would leave to let him work. It was a routine that worked for Zak he would always be focused and ready when it was time to start.

Zak's POV

I stretch out in the grass with my eyes closed while I prepare myself for the lockdown, the wind was blowing so I could smell the wild flowers, Mal's strawberry shampoo and the lavender body wash she used it wasn't distracting it was comforting. I turn my head and look over at her sitting a few feet away from me, she was letting me have my space to clear my head but I liked knowing that she was close by I close my eyes then go back to preparing to my mind and body for tonight I breathe slowly and relax. When I'm done a few hours later I notice it's almost dark time to head to the location, I walk over then we get in the truck she reaches over and holds my hand I look at her and squeeze her hand then kiss her wrist gently I start the truck and drive over to meet the rest of the crew so we can get locked in.