Asher's pov: first meeting

So apparently many of you were confused about the epilogue. The epilogue is NOT in Laura's POV, it is of a new character. The principal is Laura. I think that clears many things up, if it doesn't feel free to comment it down.

This is a little snippet I wrote while writing the book, I hope you guys will enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Walking into the classroom, I could feel all eyes on me, checking me out shamelessly, not-so-quiet whispers filled the room along with longing stares.

How typical. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

I observed the room. In the middle back, a blond hair, blue eyes girl kept on giving me seductive looks. She met my gaze as soon as my eyes landed on her, she bit her lower lips, blinked and leaned forward, pushing out her chest. Holding back a laugh, I gave her a wink.

No doubt that was the queen bee, this was all too easy, too cliché.

As I continued to observe, no one met my stare like she did. That's not so fun.

And then I saw her. She was in the front row, my gaze must had swept past her the first time. I could tell she had been checking me out, but when I looked at her, she met my eyes instead of looking down or away.

I barely heard what the teacher had said except that I would sit next to her.

Laura Clark, the most ordinary girl ever, brown hair and eyes, nothing special. Yet something drawn me to her. Maybe it was because she seemed to have this aura around her, this confidence, and the fact that she could meet my stare.

As the day dragged on, I found out why she had the aura, the guts, she was the queen bee, not the blond girl.

That doesn't matter, as long as I have my place, she will not take that away from me.