Chapter 23

"It's not that bad." Maya tried to comfort me,  patting my freezing knees.

I turned away, refusing to acknowledge her. I cannot believe I am wearing this right now.

I glared at her, "I hate you."

Sadly, she was already immune to my glare, "No you love me." She said triumphantly, glancing at my outfit with such an infectious grin that's so big, I almost broke into a smile.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure I hate you." I continued to sulk, forcing myself to frown.

"I did give you a jean jacket." She argued, as if that did helped.

"If you didn't I would have freeze to death!"

"Aww come on its not that bad! Look, I'm wearing a dress, a spaghetti straps dress."

"It's nearly winter! You are lucky that our city is like summer all year round or else it will be snowing already! And you love the cold, I don't!"

"Well, complaining won't help, besides I didn't force makeup onto you! And oh look we arrived! Just right on time." Maya parked her car a street away from the house where the party was held.

"I still hate you." I scowled at her, hugging myself, trying to provide myself warmth.

She rolled her eyes at me and linked her arm with mine and dragged me towards the party.

A person from our school greeted and invited us in.

The party was already in full swing, half of the people there were drunk already. Maya dragged me towards the beer pong table and we were right on time, the game had just ended and Maya of course volunteered to play next.

"Come on, use your skills." Maya said excitedly, bouncing on her feet.

I rolled my eyes at her, I threw the ball and it went right in, the small crowd that had gathered cheered loudly. A smile made its way on my face. For once, it felt good to be the center of attention.

Our opponents gave up halfway, as we had continuously won, we hadn't drink a single cup yet.

Other people tried, but no one had ever beaten us, sure they did get a few in, and Maya helped me drank it, but I never missed.

Soon, we defeated basically everyone, we left to give chances to others, Maya left to find Tom, while I hovered around the beer pong place, giving advices to the players, chatting with them. It was surprisingly easy and fun.

After what felt liked hours, I left to get some refreshments, my voice was hoarse from the shoutings and screaming.

I opened a bottle of champagne and poured a cup, no more than three cups. I warned myself, giving myself a limit so I wouldn't get drunk like last time.

As I took sips of my drink, Maya had texted me,

Probably going home with Tom:) you ok by yourself?

Yea of course you go have fun just use protection ;))

🙄

Laughing silently, I looked up from my phone, and standing in front of me, was Asher.

My mind blanked for a moment, next anger had consumed me, a scowled returned on my face. I bumped into his shoulder purposely as I  leave the room.

He caught my wrist, abruptly pulling me backwards. I stumbled and turned around, forced to face him.

He reeked of alcohol and his cheeks were slightly pink. Great, he is drunk.

"Laura." He breathed.

"Let. Me. Go." I struggled against his grip.

His grip tighten and pulled me even closer, until we were just a few feet apart.

"What do you want?" I hissed at him, still trying to push him away.

"I miss you." He mumbled, he swayed a little on his feet. Even when he was drunk, he still had an iron grip.

I rolled my eyes, he is drunk, he did not meant it.

But his eyes were wide open, so vulnerable, I soften a bit.

"Yes right, you definitely miss me so much." I couldn't help it, sarcasm oozed out of my words.

Maybe it was because he was drunk, he did not understand, "Yes I did Laura, do you want to watch Thor right now?"

"What do you think Sherlock?" I couldn't hold myself back.

"I am not Sherlock, I am Asher!" He said angrily, his grip tightened and it was cutting my circulation off.

"Let go of me! You are hurting me!" I snarled at him.

He loosen his grip just a little, his eyes apologetic, but it did not stop me from pulling away.

I turned on my heels and tried to leave, but his arms snaked around my waist, pulling me towards him once again. My back hit his chest, and he rested his head on my shoulder.

I tried elbowing, kicking and even hitting, he didn't budge at all. I gave up soon enough and sighed, "What do you want?"

"You." He mumbled into my ears.

"You have me imprison, can I leave now?" I said exasperatedly.

"No." His arms tightened around my waist and his head continued to rest on my shoulder. It felt uncomfortable and strange with him so close.

"Don't you have a Catherine or someone else to play with?" I said, trying to keep the anger out of my tone. My heart raced, maybe it was because he was so close, too close. Or maybe it was just because of the alcohol.

"I don't even like her." He laughed humorlessly.

"Then why are you with her." I scowled at him with disbelief, yet I was glad but didn't show it.

Suddenly, he pushed me away and ran towards a bin.

The sound and smell of his vomit filled the air, a watched him for a few moments, not sure what I was suppose to do.

After a few moments, he walked towards me his steps unsure and wavering.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and waiting for him to explain himself, giving him a chance.

"Laura, I-" then he passed out.

Are you kidding me?