Chapter 20

Hey, where are you?

Hello?

I guess I will just ask Maya.

I texted him urgently, I was going to be late if he doesn't arrive soon.

As a last resort, I called Maya, "Hey, do you think Tom can drive me too?"

"Sure." She sounded surprise.

"Thanks." And I ended the call. I checked my phone again, nothing.

Minutes later, Tom's car appeared in my driveway, I got in the backseat and thanked him.

"Shouldn't Asher be driving you?" Maya turned around and asked.

"Yes but he is not answering my texts or calls. I guess he can't?"

"Oh okay." She said.

We arrived, I thanked Tom again, then Maya and I went to our lockers.

"How was the talk?" I finally asked the question I was dying to ask.

"It actually went better than I thought, he didn't pressure me at all and told me to take my time and there's no need to rush and that whenever I'm ready." She gushed about him, her eyes lit up whenever she talked about him.

"Wow." I'm impressed, I guess he could be the one for Maya.

"Yeah he is so great." She signed dreamily.

Asher wasn't in school that day, I asked his friends and none of them knew why.

Maybe he is just sick or has some emergency.

He hadn't gone to school for three days, and no one knew why. I texted him everyday and he hadn't reply once.

During dinner, my dad asked, "I haven't seen Asher come over these few days, is everything alright?"

"Hmm," I nodded, after swallowing I said, "But he hasn't been in school for the past couple of days. Mom do you know anything?"

"No, we tried calling his father and no one answered." My mom replied.

"Oh." I said in a monotone.

After dinner, Maya called me, "Hey, you want to sleepover tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure."

"You sound very far away, what's wrong?"

"He hasn't been in school for three days and even my mom don't know why." I said worriedly.

"Did you try to text or call him?"

"Yes like a thousand times!"

"Hmnnn if you are so worry, you should go to his house and find him." She said teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at her tone, "I don't know where he lives."

"What? I thought you guys are friends! And you guys watched the whole Marvel franchise together."

"It's always at my house."

"Oh."

"Do you think he is fine? Or may-"

Maya cut me off, "He doesn't hate you or anything."

"Hey! I wasn't about to say that!"

"But I know what you are thinking." I could feel the disapproval in her tone.