Chapter 19

Everyday was the same, I would be force to sit with those people and sometimes, sometimes, I would talk a bit.

Today was no different, except that I arrived earlier than Maya and Asher. I sat down on my normal seat and got out my book and started reading.

"Did you have the math test yet?"

"Nope. It's on my last period."

"Damn it. I have it after lunch and I have no idea what to study."

Without looking up I said, "You just need to know all the formulas, but there were no graphs on the test so no need to study those, oh also there was a trick question but it was the last question on the review paper."

I could feel them all staring at me, I just continued reading.

"Hey guys." Asher greeted his friends, sitting down besides me.

"What's wrong?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

"She, she helped us?" Grace said in shock. I tried not to roll my eyes.

"Oh my god what! The Laura. The Laura Clark? You sure?" He said in an over dramatic tone and gasped loudly.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why is Asher's mouth open and why is everyone staring at Laura?" Maya asked as she sat down besides me.

"Because Laura just helped Grace." Angie filled her in.

"Oh." Maya said calmly, getting her lunch out to eat.

"You aren't shock?" Asher asked her in disbelief.

"Why should I be." She said as she took a bite of her sandwich, "she always help me."

"Why don't you ever help me?" Asher said in a hurt tone, looking straight at me.

I shrugged, and continued eating.

"I thought we were friends." He said, putting his hands over his heart dramatically.

I rolled my eyes, again.

"Hey guys." Tom greeted us, giving Maya a kiss on her cheek before sitting down besides her. I greeted him with a smile and hi.

We all began to eat and conversations flowed smoothly.

I elbowed Asher, "Come on stop pouting, it's not that big of a deal."

He crossed his arms over his chest, "Nope."

"Fine, be that way." And I joined into their conversations.

Lunch ended, and Asher was still pouting.

"Come on." I groan in frustration, "we have AP calculus next and we can't be late."

He turned away from me and continued pouting.

The first bell rang, signaling that we only had five minutes left.

"Come," I gritted out of my teeth while dragging him out of the seat and finally out of the cafeteria, "on, I promise to help you next time okay?"

"Fine." He grumbled and finally started walking on his own. Subconsciously I gripped his arm even after he started to walk on his own.

I only fully realized that when we reached the classroom and had to sit down.

"So, you want to watch the Avengers today?" I asked tentatively, he wouldn't really be mad right?

"Whatever." He said grumpily, but we could both hear the undertone of playfulness.

"Oh my god, I don't think I can watch infinity war." He whispered as the credits of the Age of Ultron rolled up.