Chapter 22

Shit, shuck, fudge, I cursed silently.

Too busy stalking Asher last night with Maya, I completely forgot about the test I had today. As I was walking, I got my notes out for the test which I had next period.

The 14 points was a speech made by Wilson saying that- Someone bumped into me, making me dropped my notes and breaking my train of thoughts.

"Watch where you are going." Someone snapped at me, I looked up with a death glare and was met with Asher's icy blue eyes and glare.

This made me furious. Not bothered to pick up my fallen notes, I hissed at him, "Apologize and pick up my notes."

"Why should I? You are the one bumping into me at the first place." He said with a smirk, not the playful one I was so used to, I felt a tug at my heart, missing his playful smirk.

"If you had watch where you are going you might not bumped into me but I guess you were too slow to react." I sneered at him, ignoring the ache in my chest.

Catherine, who I hadn't noticed until now, picked up my notes and handed it back to me.

"Now that's someone that have manners, surprisingly." I added, reaching out to get my notes. Asher snatched my notes away before I could get them.

"Give it back." I gritted out, he held it high in the air, and of course I'm too short to grab it. What, he think I'm going to pathetically jumped around to get those notes back?

I swung my leg and was about to kick him, somehow he caught my leg and pulled me towards him, making me lose balance for a second, my hands braced themselves on his chest, regaining balance. His heartbeat was beating irregularly fast.

"Next time, don't be predictable." He whispered into my ear.

I jumped, using as much strength as possible with just one leg, my head hit his jaw, he let go immediately and started to curse like a sailor.

"Didn't expect that, did you?" I laughed at his flaming red cheeks. I got back my notes, which Catherine had handed back to me with shaky hands, and walked to my next class with a satisfying smirk on my face. But the victory meant nothing, the ache in my heart hadn't fade away, it just grew.

Maya was snorting by the time I had finish telling her, "Oh my god I wish I could witness that, damn did anyone record it?" She said and she got out her phone and started searching.

She started to laugh as she watched something on her phone, no doubt the video. After a minute she turned towards me, a big smile on her face, "That was great! Serves him right! Also did you know there is a party tonight?"

"No." Although he did deserves it, he still ugh I- I don't know he just.

"We should go!" Maya said, as she got off my bed and started to roam around my room.

"Why?" I said, smuggling deeper into my pile of pillows, waiting to be left alone with my messy thoughts.

"Because I want to go, it's a Friday night, and you should get your mind off Asher." She said, as she tried to pull me up.

"I'm not even thinking about him! And it's 7, the party already started." I protested, but in the end, I was still separated from my bed.

"That's why we are going to be fashionably late." She said as she dragged me away from my room and down the stairs, with me complaining halfheartedly.

"Hey girls, we are not going to be home for this weekend, so maybe Maya can stay over to keep you company? Or you can stay over at her house, your choice." My dad said, as Maya forced me to wear shoes.

"Yeah sure, no problem. I will probably stay over, we are going to a party tonight!" Maya said to my dad casually.

"Two parties a month? Wow you guys are getting wild." My dad joked, "Well, you girls be safe and don't stay out too late!"

"Yea of course Jeff, goodbye see ya." Maya bade my dad.

"Goodbye Maya! Have fun." My dad chuckled, purposely ignoring my pleading look.

"Come on we have to be there by nine, we still have to get dress and drive there." Maya urged me as I got into her car.

I rolled my eyes at her, but I did want to go to a party. Last time was pretty fun, a small smile made its way on my face as I recalled what had happened, the beer pong and how I scored Maya a boyfriend.

Wait what am I going to wear? And my keys? Phone?

"Maya, I think I left my keys and phone." I said, panic sweeping into my words.

"I got you." Maya held up my purse, I got it and checked that there were everything inside. I breath a sigh of relief.

"Thanks." I said, visibly relaxed.

"Now you can borrow my cloths and you might have left some stuff here." She turned off her engine and rushed into her house, leaving me in the dust.

I shook my head fondly, typical Maya.

I hurriedly followed her, and went into her room. She had already turned her room into a war zone. Cloths were everywhere, and she was still in her walk in closet, throwing cloths out. I thought that only happens in movies?

I flopped down onto her bed, snuggling into the pillows and patiently wait for her. An hour later, she came out of her closet, wearing a lacy red tight dress with a matching 5 inches red stilettos and sparkly red purse. Bold red lips, smoky eyes, dark red eyeshadow, her makeup was flawless.

"So... so red." I said at last, struggling to find an adjective to describe her.

"Yes I know, I'm not color blind." She rolled her eyes, "Now it's your turn."

She ushered me into her walk in closet and she had an outfit lied out for me.

A white, turtleneck halter crop top that seemed too small and a black, versatile stretchy flared mini skirt.

My jaw dropped, she didn't really expect me to wear that right?

Somehow I found my voice, "That? You really expected me to wear that?" the disbelief was very clear in my voice.

She gave me a cheeky smile, "Yes."

Crossing my arms in front of my chest, "No."

"There's no other choice, it's either this or this." She spread her arms.

"I can just go like this." I looked down at my outfit, a sweater with some stains on it and sweatpants.

"Wow thats a great outfit, you definitely don't look like some hobo." She said sarcastically.

Okay, that really wasn't a great outfit but, "But I'm definitely not wearing that!" I pointed at those cloths.

She started to inch closer towards me, with an evil glint in her eyes and a very, very creepy smile.

I backed away slowly, she had blocked the only exit, I had nowhere to go.

Uh oh.

Hey I know I haven't written any author's notes in a while and I just finished reading the hoodie girl and I realized they are both called Asher and Maya/Mia and I just want to state that I just found that book, I didn't even know it exist so I did not copy or use any of its idea.

P.S that book is really good 10/10 recommend.