Chapter 11

"Thought you bailed on me last second Laura." He greeted us, opening the door. Upbeat music was heard and a faint smell of alcohol hit us.

"I need a good grade on this." Reminding him why I was here at the first place.

"Excuse me, nerds I'm trying to party over here!" Maya piped in, glancing eagerly at what's behind the door.

Asher noticed Maya and whistled, "Wow Maya, never knew you were this hot, wish you were my partner instead of this geeky nerd."

Maya blushed, and gave me the omg he notice me and compliment me and I'm dying right now look. I gave her back a I told you so look.

"Geeky and nerd means almost the same so why did you said it twice?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Yea, whatever thesaurus." And he stepped aside, letting us in, the loud music, the smell of alcohol and sweat, doubled as we went inside.

People were too busy dancing and grinding against each other to notice us but a few people who were sober, widen their eyes as they saw me in a party.

I walked a little closer towards Maya, who was already drifting away.

I started to panic, not knowing what to do in a high school party.

I gripped Maya's arm tightly, she saw the panic look in my eyes and she immediately came back to my side.

I sighed in relieved, but I still had an iron grip on her.

"Do you guys want a drink?" Asher asked politely.

"Yes thank you." Maya answered for us.

He left and went to the kitchen, finally leaving Maya and I alone.

"Lau go socialize! Maybe dance or play some games with the people over there?" She pointed at a bunch of people playing beer pong, some playing spin the bottle and some playing truth or dare.

"No I'm good, I will just, uh film this party for a while and then leave." I said, my eyes darting around.

"I am not leaving until we dance till our feet hurt and drunk as hell." She said stubbornly.

"But, I can't dance and I never drink before!"

"There's always a first for everything."

"But-"

"And here's your drinks." Asher interrupted us, kind of saving me.

"Thanks Ash, do you want to dance." Maya asked, not so subtly flirting.

"Sure." Asher replied, glancing in my direction.

I shooed them away, "I need to film this anyways, the both of you go and have fun!"

I took a sip of my drink, and I realized it's coke, with a hint of alcohol.

I smiled.

I got my camera out and filmed people dancing on the makeshift dance floor, in different angles, especially zooming in onto Maya and Asher. Maya was enjoy their dance a lot, but for some reason, I could tell that Asher didn't enjoy it as much as Maya. I frowned.

Then I moved on to the people playing games, I filmed a round of spin the bottle, where two girls maked out, which I'm sure they both had boyfriends. But they were too drunk to notice, I moved on to truth or dare and it was quite boring. I moved to beer pong, when I arrived, the game just ended and a person passed out. Disappointed, I started to leave, decided to film the whole scenery, when a guy grabbed my arm, "Hey be my partner, just for this round, please. I need to beat Jake."