Chapter 18

"Thanks for driving me." I said to Asher as I got into his car.

"No problem." He assured me.

Normally, Maya would drive me to school, but since Maya and Tom went on their first date and they became boyfriend and girlfriend. Tom drove her to school everyday. So Asher offered to drive me. At first, I didn't want to accept the offer, but of course, Maya would convince me to take it. He had been driving me for almost a week now. And this week had been a very different week for me. Although I didn't hang out with Maya as much, we were still close as ever. But the strangest thing was Asher and I's friendship. Since we watched that movie, he had gone to my house almost everyday to catch up on all the Marvel movies. So far, he had finished all the Iron Man movies, Spider-Man (all three different actors he had watched) and Guardians of the Galaxies' movies.

We arrived and students no longer gawked and stared at us. The first time he drove me, everyone stared at us liked we were naked or something. He was completely unfazed by it and continued to chat with me like everything was normal. While I was trying to ignore the nostalgic feeling in my stomach. It got better as the week went on as it was not a shocked to people anymore.

During lunch, Maya didn't go to the cafeteria, instead Tom and her went to wherever they usually go to make out, leaving me alone. I sat by myself, eating while reading the new book I got. I was so engrossed in it that I didn't know Asher had sat down besides me.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Laura!" He snapped a finger in front of me.

I barely gave him a glance and returned to my book.

"Aren't you lonely?"

I said nothing.

"Do you want to sit at my table?"

Nothing again.

He snatched my book away from me. Finally I looked at him, giving him a deathly glare. Of course, he was unfazed by it by now.

"What do you want?" I scowled at him.

"You should socialize."

"No, I'm perfectly fine being on my own. With my books." I added at the end.

"You should sit with us." He pointed at a table, where the people sat on there were staring at us.

"No, I'm good." I said, frowning as I tried to snatched back my book.

He dodged me saying, "No, I insisted."

"Give. Me. Back. My. Book." I gritted out of my teeth, attempting to grab my book back and failing miserably. Again.

"Come on." He grabbed my arm that was reaching for my book and dragged me out of my seat.

"I. Don't. Want. To." I hissed at him while I got out of his death grip.

"They don't bite." He said teasingly.

"You know I hate socializing." I grumbled at him, my eyes eying my book.

"That's why you need to do it more." He said firmly.

I peeked over his shoulders and his table was still staring at us.

"Fine." I snapped at him.

He gave me a smirk, and I gave him one a back. He gave me a confuse look, his head tilting towards me, his eyebrows scrunched up. I gave him a sweet smile, and I snatched the book out of his hand.

I quickly scurried away, and waved back at him, right as the bell rang, signaling that lunch had ended.

He mumbled something under his breathe and I laughed.