Chapter 24

"Thank you so much." I said thankfully, breathing a sigh of relief, giving Jake and Joel a grateful smile.

"No problem, you sure you can take it from here?" Jake asked worriedly, eyeing the passed out Asher.

"Yes, thank you for both of your help." I thanked them once again.

"No problem, bye Laura, see you on Monday." Joel bade me goodbye, I waved at them and started driving.

A few minutes later, Asher started to groan, "Where am I?"

"In the back of your car." I answered, keeping my eyes on the road, but sneaked a glance at him.

His hair was so messy, his eyes confused and squinted. He looks kind of cute.

"Why?"

I rolled my eyes, "You passed out, so I decided to be a nice person and bring you home, I asked for Jake and Joel's help to carry you out to your car and I am driving you home."

"Oh." He said, he sounded so disoriented.

After a few moment of silence, he blurted out suddenly, "I can't go home."

Just as I was about to make the turn into his neighborhood, I slammed onto the brake. The car skidded to a halt, the seatbelt straining against my chest painfully. There was a loud thud and a string of curses that followed.

"Where else can I take you?" I stared at him questionably through the review mirror.

He shrugged. He had the decency to shrug.

I glared at him through the mirror.

We had a stare down for a minute and he looked away first.

"I really cannot go home." He said in a pleading tone, his eyes unfocus yet somehow it managed to look like a sad puppy's pleading eyes.

I groaned, why did I even bother to bring him home.

Once in a blue moon, I decided to do something nice and this was how fate repay me.

I turned and glared at him, "Then what do you want me to do? Leave you on the streets? Do you have any friends' house you can stay for a night?"

He shrugged again, "No, they are all at the party."

Great.

"But... I have a place..." he said unsurely.

"Where?" I asked hopefully.

He looked at me sheepishly, "Your place?"

My eyebrow shot up so high, I wondered did it reached my hairline. "Are you serious?"

"I-you can leave me on the streets?" He said it with a questionable tone.

"Oh my god, I am so done. I cannot believe this." I muttered angrily to myself, I slammed onto the gas pedal and the car lurched forward.

"Why am I doing this?" I muttered, starting to question my sanity as I parked Asher's car in my driveway.

Asher got out unsteadily, swinging on his feet as he took each step.

I got out my keys and went in, with Asher rushing and pushing me out of the way as he ran upstairs. The sound of him wrenching all the contend of his stomach out was horrifying, but the stink was worse. I went upstairs to check on him.

He came out of the bathroom, his cheeks still tinted pink.

"You can sleep on the couch." I said to him, as I got my pajamas and went into the bathroom to take a shower.