Chapter 51

"Happy birthday Maya," I said as I placed the freshly bought flowers down and sat down in front of her in my usual spot.

"Glad that I'm the first person who say it as always," it's midnight sharp. Although it was completely dark and the cemetery was suppose to be creepy, it was anything but that; it's calming and giving it a drowsy feeling.

"I would have probably bought you a present, maybe a locket or bracelet or something that definitely beats what you gave me. Too bad you aren't here to receive it, well at least I don't have to think of a present right?" I chuckled, but my heart squeezed painfully. I would rather spend days and months agonizing myself over what to buy her instead of not needing to get her anything because she wasn't here.

"But I did write you a letter, I have to keep up some traditions right?" Whenever it's one of our birthdays, we would sleepover at each other's house that day and right when it turned midnight we would give our gifts alongside with a letter. Afterwards, we would talk and laughed till we could barely keep our eyes open. Even if it's a school day we would still do it.

"If you are here I knew we would have the sleepovers as usual and then the next day you will spend it with Tom and at night with your family. At least now you can spend your whole day with your family." I smiled fondly, remembering how one time Claire, Mrs Gaural had jokingly complained that Maya spent her birthdays with me more than her family and Maya had replied with a shrug, "well I love her more so," and we all laughed at that, her dad, Claire and I.

"Gods I miss you so much," I could feel my throat tightening, my demons clawing and starting to suffocate me, "and I don't think I will ever stop missing you," too many memories were now flooding me. I had to stop myself from saying more because I knew I would never be able to stop if I don't stop now.

"Okay here's your letter," I took a deep breath, doing my best to push all of it away.

"Dear Maya,

Happy birthday! You finally turn 18 and can finally drink legally. I had no idea how to actually write this letter because well, I knew I had to read it to you instead of you reading it yourself so I didn't want to sound too cringy but I just wanted to say that I love you so freaking much words can't express how much. I hope you have a great time in wherever you are right now and can celebrate your birthday with your parents.

I knew I had to address it here because you would have wanted solid proof so here you go. Yes you are right I'm with Asher now, you happy? I just knew you would have laughed in my face when you read this part and probably saying that you are going to frame this part. Okay I do not want this whole letter to be about Asher and I so I'm just going to end it here.

So anyways I just wanted to say once again happy birthday and I wish more than anything to be able to spend it with you but we can't always have what we want right? But don't worry I will keep you updated with my weekly visits and yearly letters so just happy birthday and I love you to the end of the worlds back and more. I missed you so much, I love you so freaking much too.

Forever your best friend,
Laura."

My voice cracked so much during the reading, and I stumbled over a lot of words because I couldn't see clearly with my watering eyes. I folded back the letter and wiped my eyes.

"So that's your letter, I will write one for you every birthday till the day I can join you. And just for your record, Asher and I are going very well and I dared hope we will last, and you will not believe the way we said I love you for the first time," I told her everything, everything that I had no one to talk to, only I could tell her. My legs were numbed by the time my voice was hoarse.

"Well I have to go now, I have school tomorrow and it's like one am. I will visit you again very soon, and once again happy birthday. I love you to the end of the worlds and back." My fingers brushed the tombstone gently. Squeezing back a wave of tears, I tumbled out of the cemetery and into Asher's arms.

"Let's bring you home," he said gently, wiping away the tears that had fallen.

I nodded and he drove me home.

The next day, Tom wasn't in school and it wasn't unexpected. I kept my head high and glare on for the whole day, it was exhausting, but the day was more eventful than I thought it would be.

Some cheerleaders, were gossiping in the bathroom loudly and I had the misfortunate of hearing it.

"I can't believe Tom is still hangover her like it's been months! What's so great about that bitch, she's dead anyways who cares. I wish he will notice me," the girl had complained loudly.

Anger I didn't know I was capable of possessing consumed me, I didn't understand when people said they were seeing red but now I had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand. Suddenly I only had tunnel vision, and a single mind set. Except that the tunnel vision was on fire and the single mind set was to get to the end of it.

I flung opened my stall door with a loud bang and the cheerleaders literally jumped out of their skin. I approached them with a death glare that made the annoyance on their face drained out along with the colors. Everyone felt the bathroom suddenly dropping a hundred degrees.

The girl that was speaking just now stuttered, "it's...it's not what it's like! I...I-" I threw one more look at her and she shut her mouth.

"If you ever, insult her ever again. You will never be able to study in any school ever again, I will make sure of that." I growled each word out like a promise and meant it.

The girls nodded and fled, others in the bathroom quickly left too, looking down at their feet as they ran out.

I went to my locker, red still clouding my vision. I almost kicked Asher where the sun doesn't shine when he tried to back-hug me, luckily he stepped away fast enough and stopped me.

"Woah, it's just me, what happened?" He asked worriedly when my glare still hadn't melted when I saw him.

I told him the incident in the bathroom and now he was angry too, "Who are they? Do you want me to do something about it? I can make their lives a living hell too."

"No need, I think I scared them enough, we will just glare at them whenever we see them and maybe tell our friends about them." If they were smart they would never cross our paths ever again.

A devilish smirk -my favorite smirk- graced Asher's lips, "Good idea, we will just tell our friends about it." We both knew that once we tell our friends, their high school lives would never be the same.

A smirk made it's way onto my face, serves them right, after all I am the nerd who rules the school.

This is the end, yes the book ended. The epilogue will be up TOMORROW.