51.

'SHUSH!' I heard a very loud whisper from downstairs and the door to the bus flew open. We had eight seconds to make it look like we hadn't just slept together in the communal living space. We'd only been lying down watching a film, Lily between my legs and her back against my chest. Our hands parted and she span her legs around and leant over the table, pretending to scribble something with her pen.

'Alright losers?' Kyle grinned drunkenly, clutching a can of beer and half a kebab. Woody and Will weren't much better.

'Wheres Coop, Greg and Ben?' She questioned.

'Still out.' Woody replied. 'Feel better?' Woody asked me, taking a seat beside me. Pinning me in between him and his sister. Making me feel awfully guilty.

'Kinda.' I shrugged.

'Whatwewatching?' Kyle said through a mouthful of donner meat.

'Breakfast Club.' I replied. All the while Lily kept her head down, working away, and probably avoiding everyone's eyes. Why did it feel like everyone in the room knew what was happening? Could they smell it in the air?

'I like this film.' Will hiccuped. I nodded in agreement. We'd been having such a nice time before they'd arrived home. I wondered if we'd ever actually have any normal time together that didn't include getting naked? Because I genuinely enjoyed her company. I always had. She was clever, funny, so enthusiastic about everything.

She eventually gave up whatever it was she was doing and bid us all a goodnight.

I received a text message ten minutes later. I saw her name on the screen and tilted the phone so Woody couldn't look over my shoulder to read it.

*same time tomorrow?*

*you bet* I quickly typed and put my phone away with a grin on my face.