43.

The computer was half on my lap, half on hers as we sat side by side, feet sticking out from the curtain into the walkway. We watched the first two episodes of my favorite programme in silence, sipping our cups of tea. I remembered the first day we met and I'd played her this and she had ended up sleeping for twenty four hours.

I glanced down at her, nestled next to me, like she used to do on the sofa at home. I felt so comfortable. Like all this time she'd been missing from my side. She just fit so perfectly. I was trying so hard to not let my heart run away with me. But when Lily smiled at me with that beautiful grin, I couldn't help myself. My hand went to her hair automatically, playing with the short blond strands. My heart was racing.

She bit her lip nervously and looked up at me, sending me wild.

I felt so drawn to her. And I barely had any control over my actions. I'd been fighting them for days. Since before the strip poker night. Since before Emma and I had split. Maybe I would've fought harder to keep us together if Lily hadn't of been around? I knew for a fact that if we hadn't broken up, I wouldn't be sat with Lily right then. Would I?

All I could think was how I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to feel her warmth, taste her mouth, touch her face. The longest moment passed between us, just staring at each other. I was sure I could hear her heart beating. I adored her deep brown eyes, once so scared but now full of wisdom and fire. And the few freckles painted across her nose, perfectly complementing her porcelain skin.

She stretched up to me and our lips met, brushing softly together. I knew she was apprehensive at first, but within moments, her lips had parted, allowing my tongue to enter her mouth. Her hands came up to the back of my head, bringing me closer still.

She brought her feet in from the hallway, curling them around mine and pushing me to lay down under her.