25.

'Lily?' He said gently, crouching down next to me. I took a long drag of my cigarette and attempted to compose myself. I rarely smoked apart from when I was stressed. It had been hiccup after hiccup so far. Dan. The room thing. Dan disappearing. And now the biggest of all; no instruments. If I couldn't fix this, if we had to cancel a gig, I would never work in this industry again. I'd forever be known as the shit tour manager who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 'Can I help?'

'Can you get a magic wand and transport all the gear here in the next two hours?' I hadn't meant to snap at him, but I was lost as to what to do.

'Well, no, but...' He said, seemingly hurt.

'Yeah.' I sighed. I didn't have the brain capacity to worry about his feelings right then.
********
(I messed up when uploading and skipped a chapter. This next part is Dans pov)
*********

'Sorry I couldn't help.' I walked away. She needed time to think and I probably wasn't helping matters. I didn't take her short temper personally.

I returned to the dressing room and the three worried faces of my friends.

'Any joy?' Woody asked.

'Nope.'

'I don't know how else to help her.' Will shrugged.

'We have to do something.' I sighed.

'We can steal the tour bus and go pick it up?' Kyle joked. But it wasn't such a crazy idea.

'I'll drive.' I grinned.

The bus driver was sat having a cup of tea by the back door of the venue when we snook on board. The keys were even in the ignition. I'd never driven anything like this before. It was a beast. I started it up, put it into reverse and backed it up, almost hitting a car. Kyle was laughing like an idiot behind me, egging me on.

We made it to the lorry within half an hour, probably breaking a few laws and getting a few speeding fines.

'Here to collect some stuff.' Kyle shouted out the window as we parked in front of the lorry, all crumpled up against another truck. In no time at all we had unloaded everything and shoved it into every available space on the bus, toilet and bunks pilled with drums and flight cases.