48.

'Will! Put Kyle down and get on with it. Please.' I let out an exhausted sigh. They were all on one today. We'd been late leaving the hotel for a meeting at the office back in London thanks to Woodys phone dying and his alarm not going off. Then we were late to sound check and half of the lighting crew had vanished to the pub. And now even Will, the one I thought I could trust the most to be mature, had decided to fireman lift Kyle and threaten to throw him into Woodys drum kit.

At least Dan was behaving. Or at least he was doing as he was told. He was making it extremely difficult for me to concentrate when he would stand next to me, just a little too close, so I could smell his aftershave. Brushing past me. Shooting me sly glances as he sang to the empty arena.

'Theres something wrong with this mic.' He said to the sound techs. They hurried around trying to fix it. We had ten minutes until the doors opened and the support acts began. My blood pressure was going through the roof. The boys jumped down from the stage and went and sat in the rows of seats.

'Its knackered, we need a new one.' I was told. Great. Where did I get a new one from?

'I've got one.' Mark said from behind me. I'd forgotten he was also around today. And if anyone was going to pick up on what was going on between Dan and I, it was him. It took them five minutes to set it up.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I sighed once more. I just wanted ten minutes to pass without having to answer a message or a phonecall. I couldn't wait for Friday, just three days away, when we had nearly a week off. I needed it badly. Last nights antics and the stress of running many peoples lives was finally catching up.

*my room tonight? ;)*

I glanced up from the screen and saw Dan sat in a seat about six rows up, pretending he didn't know I was looking at him. And I was glad he didn't make eye contact with me, because my cheeks were burning with the memory of last night.

*no. that cant happen again*

*:(*

*im serious* I pocketed my phone and ordered them back on stage. Once we were finally sound checked and ready to go, it was time to get some food and get ready for that nights show. I'd been needing the toilet for hours but hadn't had a moment. Now everyone was in catering this was my chance. Food could wait.

I relieved myself and enjoyed just sitting down for a few minutes.

I heard the door open and close and footsteps. Which was odd, as I was the only female in the crew. I leant down and looked under the bottom of the door, seeing two familiar white converse shoes.

'You can't be in here!' I scolded him.

'I thought I'd come and change your mind.'

'You won't change my mind.' I told him, opening the stall door and seeing him stood there leaning against the sinks with his arms crossed. All six foot of him looking absolutely gorgeous. This wouldn't have been half as bad if he wasn't so god damn good looking. I stood beside him, washing my hands, looking at the back of his head reflected in the mirror. I could see a small bite mark by his hair line, where I'd stopped myself screaming out the night before. I felt a flush from my feet to my fingers.

I dried my hands under the hand drier and finally turned to look at him.

'This is a bad idea.' I told him. 'This will only end in tears.'

'No one will know.'

'Its not that I'm worried about...' How did I convey to him that I didn't want to do this and get my heart destroyed again? Without coming across as emotionally crippled? Without spilling my soul to him about how I couldn't trust him or anyone. I wasn't willing to be 'with' him. He'd just come out of a relationship. I had a very important job to do. Even if the timing wasn't poor, this wasn't a good idea. I had left for a reason. And nothing would change that. And not to even mention he was my brothers best friend.

'Its just a bit of fun.' He whispered in my ear and placed a kiss on my neck.

And all the thoughts that had been going through my mind disappeared in a puff of smoke