30.

The first hangover I'd had in a while hit me like a tonne of bricks. I was very fortunate that I always remembered the night before. Which was a blessing and a curse as I recalled how strip poker had ended. I shouldn't have put Dan in that situation. He'd seemed uncomfortable. I had no idea what the status of his relationship was. He'd seemed keen at first but then it was like he'd panicked. I hoped I hadn't upset him. But he seemed fine as I stumbled out of bed last, my hair a complete mess around my face.

'The great poker champion returns!' Kyle declared loudly. Why was everyone in the kitchen? I just wanted cereal and a cup of tea. Champion? I'd lost. 'Dan told us how you got him naked in one hand. Nice one.' He responded to my confused face. Had he told them I'd won so no one knew I'd almost completely embarrassed myself?

'What was it you got? Two jacks and two fours?' Dan laughed.

'Yeah something like that.' I leant past him and turned on the kettle. I placed my head against the cool wood of the cupboard door and watched the water boil. The boys chatted amongst themselves, but Dan leaned in beside me. 'Thanks.' I whispered.

'No problem.' He gave me a small wink. Which shocked me even more than his covering for me. I knew we were all ok now but...the wink? I hadn't got totally naked in front of him, as much as the alcohol that had been in my blood had wanted me too. In a way I was glad he'd stopped me. That would not have been my best move. Even if, even in the cold hangover light of day, I still did want to maybe get a bit naked. With him.

Fuck.