Big Steps

Dedicated to.... Crazyfan101, OtakuProdigy, Rivenkit, and animeandmusic. Thank you everyone for reading and voting. In about 1 or maybe two chapters next you all are going to probably gasp and be like 'about f*cking time. Sorry, I love you all and don't forget to watch Mulaney, he's seriously funny.

I was sleeping fine and cozy... until I was being shaken and elbowed. I grunted seeing that I was hit right in my stomach. Yup, I'm out of the dream. I started opening my eyes and was whacked with a pillow almost instantly.

"What!" I yelled in the pillow.

"Get your dog off me." It was Hikaru, I opened my eyes and saw Jeager licking his face and him trying to push him off.

"But he likes you." I said tiredly.

"He's YOUR dog, and this is OUR room." He said angery, so I got out of the bed and picked up my puppy before leaving.

"There sour in the mornings." I told him and started walking to my room.

I looked out my window and saw that it was very cloudy. Seeing that its now December fourth. That means its winter and its going to be very very cold and not so sunny. It was just about noon and the cold does make you tired, but since I'm up and Jeager is full of energy... Might as well go for a walk.

I changed into basically warm clothing, involving pants, heavy back jacket, and my tall white boots that were hidden under my pants-legs. I changed Jeager as well and left the building, but not before telling a maid to inform my over protective brothers where I'm going and what I'm doing.

I walked past all the town stores, it was quite nice. Peaceful, seeing kids playing in the snow and building snowmen. Then my phone vibrated, scaring Jeager a little so I took a look and it was a message from Chase. Its been a while since we talked or seen each other. I quickly replied back. And we kept texting and texting until there was one strange message.

'turn around'

I didn't really understand so I did and I saw those green eyes and brown hair right in front of me. I was really surprised and felt a smile creep up on my face. Then instead of doing the classic 'hi' or 'I've missed you'. No, I jumped in his arms and squeezed.

"About time you got back." I said happily and felt him hug me back.

"I know, but you survived three years with me gone. It was only a month."

"Shut up and enjoy the hug." I said happily.

*~*~*

"So, how was France again?" I asked as the two of us walked through town and to an empty park.

"Good, my grandma acted like she hasn't seen me for years."

"She hasn't though." I corrected.

"Let me have this." He said playfully and I chuckled a little and he joined too.

"What about you? How's school? Life itself?" He asked looking at me.

"Actually, its weird saying it but... Really nice. I'm surprised how everything is going. No bullies, no suspensions, no family fights or friend fights. It's like... everything is getting glued back together." I smiled as we sat down on a bench.

"Good, I'm proud. Your an amazing person. People just need to see it. You need to see it." He smiled and I felt my cheeks tinting a little.

"And I am, a little." I smiled. He smiled back.

"There's actually something I wanted to do." I said looking at the scene in front of me.

"What's that?" He asked petting Jeager's head that was sticking out of my pocket.