This Is Not End Of Me... This Is The Begining

When your eyes are closed for a while and you hear different noises... It can get a little scary. You have no idea where you are and what has happened. I heard the small beeps from a monotor, footsteps from another room, a branch tinkering with a window. I felt my eyes try to open, slowly flutter open once, twice. I looked around, the ceiling was the first thing I noticed.

It was white, like a public school ceiling, its divided into rectangles with faint spots. I felt my breath inhaling and exhaling. I was definetly alive. I turned my head to the right. I saw a heart monitor, going up and down slowly but steadily. Next to it was a clean and clear window. It was cloudy outside, and a tree covered most of the view, but I wasn't complaining.

I turned to the left. There were no other beds, the room was small after all. I noticed the door at that direction. No widow though. And another door, probably for the restroom. I looked around, a small tv in my direction on the wall. I looked at myself now. I was conected to an IV, wearing those hospital gowns, tucked in the bed.

Now I understand. Aparently I'm definetly alive. I sighed and just laid on my side, starring at the door. I wonder how long I've been here? I didn't bother getting up, I just stayed and stared at the door. Until it opened and revealed a doctor.

"Your awake. That's good." He smiled, I looked down at the sheets.

"You have a bunch of friends in the lobby wanting to see you." He said calmly.

"How long have I been here?" I asked weakly.

"About two days." He said, I was asleep that long?

"You don't need to worry. Your safe and alive." He started and I nodded.

"But there are some things me and you both need to know in order to continue your treatment." He said holding onto the clipboard.

"I-I..." I stuttered.

"What is dear?" He asked. But I couldn't feel the need to say it.

"Would you like someone in here with you?" He asked, reading my mind. I nodded.

"Anyone inparticular?" He asked again. He's a really nice doctor I'll give him credit.

"Her name is Milly." I managed to say. He nodded and left for a few moments.

And within a few moments, the doctor came in with Milly who looked like she was on the verge of tears. She always was a little emotional. I barely smiled as she came over, and engulfed me into a large hug. I lifted my arms and hugged her back.

"Why would you do that?" She cried. I didn't answer.

"Don't ever do anything that stupid again." She shouted, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry to interupt, but we have some things to discuss." The doctor said taking a seat in a chair.

"What's wrong?" Milly asked.

"Now, Jezebel is it?" He asked, I nodded.

"How often have you been drinking?" He asked.

"Not for over two months. " I told him.

"Smoking?" He asked.

"Same thing, last time was a few days ago." I told him.

"I see." He said writing in his clipboard.

"What's wrong?" Milly asked, obviously just as curious.

"Jezebel, have you been recently active?" He asked, at least he said it appropriatly. I stayed quite. My lips quivered and my eyes got watery.