15| Three little girls

The light was shining through the tree leaves, bathing the buildings around them in gold. The street was busy, with cars honking and hurried businessmen pushing people out of the way to get to their meetings. There was a small stand of roasted chestnuts further up the street and Alice inhaled, the sweet and nutty aroma tickling her nostrils.

"Ask anything you want, and I will answer," declared Jungkook with his usual cute bunny grin.

The wind was dishevelling his hair, sending the strands in his face and he pushed them away while scrunching his nose. Alice thought that this little habit of him was quite endearing.

"I want to know what Taehyung's powers are."

"You're not curious about my powers?" exclaimed Jungkook, faking to be hurt.

"You're not that interesting" played along Alice.

The girl chuckled and she realized that the guy was kind of fun to be around.

"Well, Taehyung is certainly a special case," revealed Jungkook, "Like you, he has more than one capability. One of them is dream leaping; he can control people's dreams and even appear in their sleep, telling them messages or finding out things about them. He also has hypnosis capabilities, which means he can erase or modify memories as well as lure people, manipulate their minds... that kind of stuff."

"That is such an interesting talent! I have never heard of anyone capable of entering people's dreams. Do you know how he does it exactly? Does he need to know the person in order to enter their head? "

Jungkook shrugged, frowning.

"I have no clue, actually! I can't believe I've known him for all this time and never asked him how his powers work," he said, suddenly thoughtful, "but I'm pretty sure he can do anything he sets his mind to. This guy is just overflowing with talent. Did you know he could draw, dance, and sing better than anyone else I know? He definitely has the soul of an artist."

Just by the way he was talking about his friend with a fond gaze and a grin, Alice could tell that the two of them were close. She knowingly smiled, conscious that the members of a coven usually shared bonds that were stronger than blood.

"Anyway," Jungkook continued, interrupting Alice's thoughts, "My turn to ask a question. I want to know why you're so interested in Taehyung in particular."

"Well, if you remember correctly, the night you chased me outside of Jisoo's house, I defended myself by channeling some of your coven's energy..."

"Of course I remember!"

That night still haunted Jungkook's thoughts.

"To use someone's abilities I have to... scan their energy first," tried to explain Alice, "It's complicated to understand when you can't experience it, but I had to... dig in your bodies and find the source of your powers. By doing so, I can find out what is the nature of the energy and how to channel it and use it. However, with Taehyung, it was difficult. His magic was complex and well hidden in his head, so I just had a very broad idea that it had to do with his mind, but that's it."

"That's interesting," conveyed Jungkook, suddenly distracted.

Alice hadn't really paid attention to where they were going so far, but Jungkook seemed to recognize the settings around them. He left the main street, turning the corner after a small dumpling restaurant to follow a narrow alley.

There, the walls were high, keeping both of them in the shade, and the semi-darkness gave Alice goosebumps. She closely followed beside Jungkook, nervously biting the inside of her cheek. Following another small alley, they found themselves in the middle of a narrow passage where the back doors of shops and restaurants aligned to the left and a very high brick wall blocked the sun to the right.