5| The chase

The news that Jungkook was the team captain of the cross-country team she had just joined didn't please Alice much. Now, she was really stuck with him. Great.

"What's that smell?" suddenly wondered Hoseok, looking around.

"Fuck!" exclaimed Jin, eyes widening when he realized something was burning in the oven, "Jimin, move over! You're in the way!"

In the general confusion, Alice took the opportunity to slip out of the room. She needed to get out of there and call Megan as soon as possible. She locked herself up in the entrance bathroom, sitting on the toilet lid to call her friend. She was going to dial when she heard some noises coming from above her head. The ceiling was creaking, and Alice realized someone was in the room right above her. She even heard muffled voices, like a group of people was having an animated conversation.

Alice didn't think twice. She put her hand on the wall of the bathroom and closed her eyes. She exhaled slowly and tried to relax herself as much as possible. Now hear, she commanded, and her senses suddenly heightened with the shiver of energy going up her spine.

"I'm telling you something is weird."

It was Jungkook's voice, loud and clear as if he was sitting in the bathroom with her.

"When I met her, I knew something was wrong, I could feel it in my bones," he continued.

"Well yeah... did you feel the energy down there? It was so thick I couldn't breathe."

Alice couldn't recognize the voice immediately but figured out that it was Hoseok.

"Didn't you say you kissed her?" calmly asked another voice.

The girl recognized Namjoon.

"Well yeah... she's hot." asserted Jungkook.

Even if she was a floor down, Alice grinned, her cheeks blushing.

"At first I just thought she was a normal girl with a very strong aura, but now I'm pretty sure she's something else," continued Jungkook.

"She's a witch," claimed Namjoon, "I knew she was coming."

"Wait you saw her... and you didn't say anything?" exclaimed Hoseok, mildly irritated.

Alice could discern the panic in his voice.

"Wait what? What kind of witch? What are her powers? What is she doing here?"

Now Jungkook seemed rather fearful as well.

"I'm not sure," sighed Namjoon, "You know how the visions are..."

Alice's palms were sweaty, and her heart was beating erratically in her chest. How could they have found out so soon what she was? She had been in Seoul for what... three months and already some people had figured out her powers? Megan was definitely going to kill her after this. She had precisely asked Alice to keep a low profile and not expose herself.

It was definitely too late for that now.

"The only thing I know is that she is alone and that she is very strong," calmly revealed Namjoon.

"What should we do now? Should we talk to her about this?" asked Jungkook.

"We won't have too," answered Namjoon, "she is listening to our conversation right now."

The next thing she knew, Alice was out the door. She didn't put her shoes on or took anything with her. She just did what her instincts told her to do; get the hell out of there.

In two seconds, she was already on the lawn in front of the house, running as fast as she could.

It was still raining outside, torrent of heavy drops hitting the pavement, powerful enough to make Alice's eye sting. The wind was colder than earlier, whirling around and carrying the rain, making it difficult to see two inches in front of her nose. It was now a real stormy weather, and completely dark except for the yellow streetlights, sending ominous shadows on the pavement.