7| Power up

Jimin's confusion was so acute that Yoongi could feel it pass through him like a cold gush of wind. Alice didn't answer, simply tilting her head to the side and looking at him with a defying glow in her pale azure eyes.

Suddenly, with impressively fast movements, she jolted her head in front of her, freeing herself from the grip on her hair, before bouncing her head and hitting Jungkook in the face with the back of her skull.

His nose broke with the impact, bones crushed, and Jungkook didn't have the time to even realize what was happening; he was already on the ground, unconscious.

Yoongi gritted his teeth at the sensation of pain. Everyone was utterly shocked by this demonstration of strength. Never ever any of them had seen somebody capable of hurting Jungkook that way. Anger started to bubble around. Jungkook was the youngest of the coven and no one touched a hair on the younger's head without facing severe consequences.

Now free, Alice jumped on her feet, a little shaky on her legs but nonetheless ready for a fight. Hoseok was the first one to confront her, coming forward, fists clenched.

"One step closer and you will regret it," he said, threatening.

The girl wasn't impressed at all. One step closer and she was right in front of Hoseok, peering into his eyes challengingly. The man didn't think twice and grabbed her wrist harshly with his hand, squeezing his fingers shut around the tender skin of her forearm.

They all smelled the burned flesh, all saw the blisters soon covering the girl's skin, but she didn't even blink, only narrowing her eyes at Hoseok. Again, Yoongi noticed that her pain threshold was abnormally high. The burn would have made anyone else cry out in suffering, but not her, who was standing her grounds, unflinching, and staying very still, like she was unconscious of the fact that she was injured.

Suddenly, Hoseok's expression changed. He gasped, losing his grip on the girl's wrist, before jerking back as fast as possible and falling to his knees, letting out a wild screech of agony.

"Yoongi, stop it!" he pleaded, his body convulsing on the ground while he clawed at the asphalt, breaking his nails.

Nobody moved, completely shocked by the turn of events. Yoongi could feel Hoseok's suffering almost like it was his; hundreds of knives in his spine, stabbing him repeatedly, and the boy's eyes widened, finally understanding what was happening. He stepped between Alice and Hoseok, arms crossed on his chest.

"That's your power! You can channel the magic from others and use their capabilities!"

Alice looked back at Yoongi right in the eyes, cold gaze digging deep in his soul.

"He's the smart one," she whispered, and Hoseok stopped screaming and squirming on the ground, breathing heavy and eyes glistering with tears.

Meanwhile, Alice was assessing Yoongi, brows furrowed, and arms crossed on her chest, she observed him closely. The boy was very conscious that by using his own powers against him, she could detect his emotions. He suddenly felt self-conscious, naked in front of her eager eyes reading him like a book. The sensation was not pleasant at all, but he couldn't do anything about it.

"You're interesting," she spoke, unwavering gaze glued on him, "Black magic claimed you too, but you're still hanging out with them," she claimed, pointing at Namjoon and the others with her chin.

Yoongi bit his lower lip, feeling more exposed than ever. He tried to read her emotions once more, but realized that he couldn't, that somehow, she was shutting him outside of her mind.

How could she do that?

Jungkook was regaining consciousness a little further. He was still dizzy and angry, nose bleeding everywhere and pushing away Jimin that was trying to help him up, but besides that he looked fine. The boy leaned against the brick wall of the alley and sent Alice a dirty look, wiping the blood off of his mouth and wincing.