Chapter 87

Vera's POV

I grab the bottle from the crib and scurry to my room, shutting and locking the door behind me. How the fuck did this get here? I look to the corner of the room to the trash bin where I had shoved the red dress I found in my room. How did the dress, and the bottle, get here? Did I pack it? Even so, how the fuck did it end up in here! Sinking to the floor I try to steady my breathing. 

            Is someone toying with me? Who else would know about these things...except for Cam? The thought of Cam, the fierceness in his eyes that night in his car, makes me gasp. Maybe, I'm delusional. Maybe....these things are here by accident. I grab my phone to text Leah. 

Leah, have u heard anything about Cam lately?

She replies right away.

            Yeah, hes been working with ESPN, I think on the east coast. Why?

R u positive?

            Yeah. I'm 99.9 percent positive. Why?

Putting my phone down I grab the bottle and shove it into the trash bin along with the dress. My mind must be playing tricks on me. I have to be freaking out over nothing. Maybe I packed these. They could've ended up in the room by accident. I shut the lid of the bin tightly and go back to the living room, spending the rest of my day with Olivia Pope.

Colin's POV 

            "I just need you to do me a solid. Check on her. Please." Russell is quiet for a little bit.

                        "What if she thinks I'm stalking her?"

            "Just be lowkey about it. I got her address from Becca, I can send it to you. I need to know she's ok. Leah's ignoring me so I have no way of knowing for sure. She ain't even on social media anymore."

                        "Man bro, I woulda never thought."

            "Thought what?"

                        Russell lets out a laugh.

                        "You are so sprung."

            "Shut the hell up and check on her."

                        "Alright, alright. I'll see what I can do. You're lucky her part of Seattle isn't too far from Renton."

            "Please man."

                        "Ok, I'll text you."

            I get off the phone and head into the conference room, taking the podium at the front of flashing lights. I point to a journalist at the front and begin answering questions, all the while thinking about Vera. 

Vera's POV

"NINERS!"

            "It's all about them SEAHAWKS BABY!!!"

            My grandmother's house is a war zone; family members crowd the living room around the TV. Half of the room is in solid red and gold, and the other is in bold green and blue.Cuss words fly back and forth as I reach for another chip, plunging it into the salsa. The Hawks and Niners rivalry is real out here.

            "I heard you had an internship down at Levi Stadium Vera? How was it?" One of my uncles asks, his Forty Niners hat covering his thick curly black hair.