Chapter 53

Colin's POV

FLASHBACK

            "How does it feel? Having another victory?" Becca, the PR lady I'm trying to get used to still is rubbing my shoulder after a win.

                        "I don't know, honestly I didn't see myself in this position a few years ago," I shrug, looking out at Candlestick Stadium. After senior year at Nevada, I got picked up by the Niners. After working my ass off I got the opportunity to prove myself, something I thought would never happen. Hard work and staying clean and sober was worth it. 

            "Well, get used to it Colin. Have faith and confidence in your ability, in your team. It'll show if you do, during your interviews."

            I nod. She's right, I have a team to think about now, an entire empire. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, interrupting my thoughts. 

            "Sorry Becca, I got a call coming in," I excuse myself and walk back towards the tunnel.

            "Hello?"

                        "Colin! Baby, what's up?"

            Trish's voice slithers through my phone like a serpent.

            "Trish. How the fuck did you get my number?"

                        "Come on Colin, I have my ways."

            "Don't fucking call me again!"

                        "Aww, don't hang up Colin. You wouldn't want that sex tape hitting the internet would you? Especially with your career so fresh and all," Trish's voice is like honey, smooth and thick. 

            "Sex tape, the fuck are you talking about?"

                        "Ah, I got a hold of some sex tape of you and two other girls, remember Halloween around sophomore year? Or junior year... I don't quite recall." Memories of the frat house swirl around in my mind. Fuck.

            "How the fuck did you get a hold of that?"

                        "No worries about that Colin. I just, have some requests."

            "You lost the privilege of talking to me when your hoe ass decided to fuck Cam."

                        "Well, Cam has some requests too."

            I feel my heart drop. The last thing I need is a sex tape being leaked. Not now. Fuck, not now.

            "What the fuck is it?"

                        "I will wire you the routing number to my bank account. You can send whatever you think would keep my mouth shut. And, Cam is a little sore about your success." I hear Cam's muffled voice in the background.

            "There aren't any tryouts."

                        "He just needs a job, somewhere. Inside."

            "Fuck both of you Trish. Ya'll are fuckin low for this shit. I can't believe I was about to fuckin marry your bitch ass." I'm rubbing my hand across my scalp, my voice sounding more confident than I feel.

                        "Oh, Colin. Stop being so sore! Although, that did work out well for me. I met a handsome attorney in New York."

            "I'll pull strings for Cam, and I'll send money to you. All under the promise that you will fuckin destroy the sex tape. Fuckin swear to me Trish. Swear it, or else I will make your life a living hell, I can afford to do that now."

            "No worries baby, after this I'll be outta your hair."

I hang up the phone, trying to keep myself from throwing it against the wall.