Chapter 56

Rihanna-P.S. I'm still not over you

Vera's POV

            "Vera! V, I heard about everything and rushed back as soon as I could!" I wake up on the living room floor to Leah shaking me. 

I sit up, trying to remember how I got there. Last night confronting Colin had been a lot for me, I don't even remember how or when I fell asleep. My back aches from sleeping on such a hard surface. 

                        "I'm okay," I say, looking up into Leah's concerned face.

            "Colin's fake ass....I knew he was fake all along," Leah holds my arm to help me keep my balance as I get up onto the couch.

                        "Yeah." That's all I can manage to say.

            "Look, let's go get your mind off things. Wanna go get pedicures or something? My treat!"

                        "Hmmmph," I mumble, putting my face into the couch.

            "V, you  better get your ass up! We don't have time to mope, you are back on the market lady, time to heal up and move the hell on!" Leah has an interesting way of trying to make people feel better...

                        "Ahhhh, fine," I mumble.

            "Good, go put on something cute and we'll go have a girls day," Leah shoos me into my room and I groan as I get ready.

**

On the way to the mall I tell Leah about all that's happened and she listens, nodding her head at the right times, and gasping when appropriate.

            "Trish's conniving little thirsty ass thot ass bitchass hatin ass motherfucker!" Leah is pissed, and I try not to laugh at her, she's so funny when she's mad. "Want me to get a hold of her? I'll beat her ass Vera!"

                        "I'm over it Leah, I don't want any more drama in my life."No matter how tall and handsome that drama may be. 

            "See, that's where we're different Vera. You're too damn nice." We pull into the parking lot of the mall and she sets the car into park. "If I woulda seen her ass at the airport, homeland security would've had to escort my ass out!"

      We head out to the bustling mall. 

            "But anyways, on another note, how about Cam's chocolatey self? Any chance of that happening? I mean, he lost brownie points to me after getting knocked out by Colin, but he's still cute."

                        "That's mean Leah! He had no chance with how fast Colin came at him!" I say, lightly smacking her on the arm.

            "I'm just sayin....but Cam is cute though."

                        "I don't know, I need time to myself. I don't think I want to be in another relationship. Not for a long time."

            "Okay, I guess! You'll just have to help me find a boo."

We stop to grab some ice cream from Cold Stone and look around at different stores. Leah, of course, grabs three different pairs of shoes from the Coach store. She also gets two phone numbers from different guys. I laugh as she flirts so effortlessly. It's second nature to her.

            "You, are such a maneater!" I say. Leah laughs and flips her long hair over her shoulder.

                        "I can't help it they taste so good," she winks at me. We head over to the nail salon, but I pause at the Footlocker right before it. On the large window of the store there is a colossal poster of Colin. He's shirtless, and smiling on the field of the new Levi stadium. The sunlight catches all the right parts of him, his muscular arms, his chiseled chest. His tattoos are marked with sweat. My knees go weak at the sight of him. Even if it's just a picture he makes my damn knees go weak. A couple of girls sidle up beside me to take a look at him.

            "Mmmmm mmmm mmm, that man is fine," the blonde one says. Her friend giggles.

                        "I'd love to get me some of the Kaep daddy!" she exclaims.

I feel a tinge of jealousy at the attention they're giving my man...well, the man who used to be my man.

            "He's really not all that," I say, looking down at them. They both look like high school teenagers. 

                        "Girl, come on, It's Colin Kaepernick, you have to admit he is fine. I'd love to rub on those tattoos!"  

            "He's better looking in person, I used to be his girlfriend," I say. The two girls look up at me like I'm crazy.

                        "Girlfriend?" The blonde leans to one side with a hand on her hip, looking me up and down in disbelief before bursting out into laughter with her friend.

            "Yes, girlfriend!" I say.

            Leah, who had gone into the salon thinking I followed her, comes and pulls me away.

            "Vera, you do not need to be looking at that picture!" Leah exclaims.

                        "Yeah, take your little friend, she thinks she used to date Colin Kaepernick," one of the girls says as they both laugh.

            "I did used to date him! And why the hell do you two care? How old are you guys like fourteen? Go do your damn homework or something!"

            They both roll their eyes as Leah pulls me into the Salon.

            "Picking fights with little teenagers? Okay girl, you have hit an all time low. Remember, you're single and ready to mingle. Colin Kaepernick is just a part of your ever so distant past!" Leah puts her hand out in front of her as if surveying a new scenery.

                        "Distant past," I repeat, trying to sound convincing. The truth is, I'm still in love with Colin. No matter how much I want to deny it, my heart will not let me forget it.