Chapter 44

Colin's POV

FLASHBACK

            "You need to stop with the drugs, stop with the partying. It's getting out of hand," Coach slams his fist onto the table, sending papers flying askew on the mahogany surface. We're in the team meeting room, alone. He held me back after everyone else was dismissed. "No NFL team is going to waste their time drafting a quarterback who's always fuckin' high, Colin. It's just a matter of time before you start getting into trouble with the law."

            I sit up straight in my chair. He's right. I have to get my shit together, I already know that.

            "Get your shit together or I'm putting you into a program, or you're off the team," he finishes. 

                        "I'll handle it coach."

            "Colin, you have the potential to be great. But in order to be great you have to have great habits. Cut out the bad ones." I nod my head, rubbing my forehead. It would be easier to practice without being hung over or strung out on some pills. After coach dismisses me I head out of his office, making my way towards the dorms. I finally feel ready to turn everything around. I'll go to Trish and talk with her about it. I don't care if I have to quit the frat and move out of the house, if that's what needs to be done I'll do it.

            I climb up the stairs of Sierra Hall, heading toward Trish's dorm room. The elevators are always crowded with freshman, so the stairs end up being the quicker route. As soon as I get to the fifth floor I turn the corner, which is conveniently where Trish's room is.

            "Trish?" I knock on her door. "Trish?"

No answer. I twist the knob and it opens at my touch. "Trish?" I call into the room. None of her roommates within her cluster are in the common area. I let myself in and make my way toward the hall with Trish's room. I knock on the door. "Trish?" I ask again.

            I push the door open.

                        "Colin!?" Trish exclaims. She's under her bed sheets. And so is someone else.

            "The fuck..." I can't finish my sentence, because just as I try to, the other person sits up. Cam. Cam and Trish sit up together in her bed, looking shocked to see me.