Chapter 90

Vera's POV

Voices. I hear voices. Two different voices coming from the fogginess of my consciousness. 

            "Wow Cam, I honestly didn't think you'd have the balls," a female voice fights through the darkness clouding my mind. 

                         "He's ruined my life more ways than I can count. Look at my face, I can't be a reporter anymore," Cam snaps. Cam, fucking Cam. He found me. 

            "Well that was that jewel over there that did that to you."

            I try to open my eyes, but there's a deep haze covering me. I can't think clearly. I try to remember where I am, how I got here, but I can't grasp anything. I try to force my eyes open once again, It feels as if someone's holding my eyelids shut.

                        "Yeah, that bitch did it. But because she wanted him. Everyone fucking wants him."

            "Well, where is she? Did she put up a fight?"

                        "She's in the corner on the bed tied up pretty well. Not that we'd have to worry about her running off, she's pregnant."

            I hear a gasp.

            "Pregnant? Are you fucking kidding me? That bitch, now she'll really have his wallet in the palm of her hands."

            There is coldness in the female voice that has just spoken that is familiar although I can't quite pinpoint who it is.

            "Take me to her. I want to see her," she says.

There's a shuffling of footsteps in the room nearing where I am. My skin prickles in fear, anxiety, and anticipation. My eyes won't open. Dammit. Open!

Colin's POV

As soon as I'm about to get out of the car at SFO my phone rings.

            "Hello?"

                        "Colin?" It's Becca.

            "Whatsup?"

                        "Where are you?"

            "Getting ready to board a jet to Seattle," I say nonchalantly, shutting the door behind me as I head to the trunk.

                        "Vera's missing."

            I stop on the curb, my hand on the trunk of the car. I motion for the driver to wait.

            "What? What do you mean she's missing?"

                        "Her aunt was found unconscious in her home and Vera is nowhere to be found. Ray, her aunt, has finally woken up, and she says all she remembers is a man knocking her unconscious."

            I can't find the words to say, I try to realize everything happening. Vera. Missing. A man? Unconscious? WHat the fuck happened?

                        "Colin? There's more. The man she described, who broke into her house and assaulted her, fits Cam's description. To a T." 

            I try to still my heart, it's ramming against my ribcage. Gripping the trunk I put a hand up to my head, trying to keep myself from punching a hole into the black BMW.