Chapter 5

Vera's POV

"Wait, back up, he touched you?" Leah's eyes widen as she spoons more Ben & Jerry's into her mouth. I nod, scooping the chopped onions on the cutting board into the spaghetti sauce. No matter how much Chunky Monkey she eats, she never ruins her petite figure. She's tall and slim, and next to her I'm average height and curvy. 

"He lifted my chin, and....like, I don't know..." I can't think straight. Colin keeps flashing into my mind, his bare chest in front of me. The memory of seeing the outline of tattoos all over his shoulders distract me from the spaghetti sauce that begins to burn. More than anything else, I think of his lingering words... I'll see you there.

"Admit it," Leah exclaims, opening a package of spaghetti beside me. I pour brown sugar into the sauce, stirring it with a wooden spoon.

"What?" She sidles up into my shoulder, giving me a hard nudge.

"You want some of the Kaep Daddy girl!" Leah exclaims, smacking my butt. I nearly choke on the spaghetti sauce I spooned into my mouth to test.

"Did you just say, Kaep Daddy?" I double over in laughter. Leah raises her eyebrows at me.

"Mmmmmhmmmm, you heard what I said. You know that's what the ladies call him right?" My stomach knots at her words. Ladies, as in plural....as in more than one. I sigh. I'd been so caught up in the excitement of being close to him today I forgot about the fact that he is the quarterback for the San Francisco Forty Niners. There is no way he would possibly be genuinely interested in me. I'm probably another target on his hitlist. No matter how handsome or sexy he is, I can't let him cloud my judgment.

"I was not aware of that. But I told you already, I'm not interested in him," I finish, trying to convince myself that I'm not. Leah looks at me, piercing through me with knowing eyes.

"Okay girl, then you won't care that he asked about you after you left the party..." I stiffen and turn.

"What? Why would he ask about me. What did he say?" I chastise myself for sounding so eager. Dammit

"Because he likes you, he wants to get to know you. You have a nice ass, and you're every guy's dream girl. Duh. But, I guess you don't care about what he said..." I turn her words over in my head. Over these past four months Colin has always given me extra attention, but I always avoided it, ignored it. I'm not comfortable around guys. Unlike Leah, I've only been in one serious relationship. Worst mistake of my life

"He doesn't like me, Leah. I don't think 'Kaep Daddy' has the ability to actually like someone anyway. I'm not interested," I sigh, watching the spaghetti sauce boil. 

Colin's POV

I lift her onto the bed, her legs wrap around my waist. I feel her grasping my back, her nails digging into me. Just how I like it. I lie her down softly onto the mattress. She lifts my shirt, kissing me all over my chest. She grabs my neck, biting into it.

"Fuck." I lift her blouse, throwing it aside. I kiss her all the way down to her naval. Her body is pulsing, I feel her tremble, her hands come to my face trying to move my head away, releasing a moan. I grab both of her arms, bringing my face back up to hers. "No baby, you're gonna take this," I say, my voice husky with want. Holding her arms still, I work my way back down to her naval, licking and kissing, nibbling and sucking. I pull her skirt down, her thick legs coming completely free. I bite into one of her thighs, grabbing it and then roughly slapping the same area.

"This is mine baby, all mine," I slip my fingers under the lace black thong she wears, her legs opening at my touch. I pull the thong off, wanting her bare. Heavy breathing surrounds us as I lift her up, positioning myself onto the bed so she can come on top of me. She follows my lead, straddling me, her full legs commanding me. I bring her face down to mine, her soft lips parting to meet me. Her tongue crashes into mine, and I softly bite her succulent bottom lip, our mouths seeking to find each other in an endless maze. I need to be inside, inside of her. She pulls back right as the thought enters my mind, and looks at me with those questioning brown eyes.

I shoot upright in bed, silk sheets sticking to the sweat on my body. Letting out a long breath I steady my breathing and look out the window. The sky is still a purplish black. I snatch blindly for my phone from my nightstand to read the time. 4: 31 am. It's the fourth morning in a row that I dreamt of Vera.