Chapter 33

Vera's POV

 "I love you, and don't you ever question that," Colin says, pulling me close to him. We're standing outside the stadium, the early morning sunshine of Santa Clara sending a cool breeze over us. I'm ready for work, and he's ready for training. He holds my face in his hands and brings my mouth to his. His soft lips churn my stomach. Will I ever get used to his kisses?

            He pulls away. "I love you," I look into his brown eyes, as they turn auburn under the sunlight. 

"I love you too, baby girl. I'll see you later on today." 

Colin's POV

            "Becca, I don't know what to do. I've already talked to my lawyer, but he said he can't legally do anything. I don't have the right to the sex tape, which is fuckin beyond me since I'm the one fucking on it," I'm pacing back and forth in the team meeting room. I asked Becca to meet me here to try to get the Trish situation figured out.

                        "How old is this tape?" she asks, sitting on a swiveling chair along the big table.

            "I don't know, years old. It was from junior year in college."

                        "Who are you having sex with on the tape?"

            "More than one girl, I don't know. I don't remember who they were, I was a frat boy. But I got pretty violent on the tape too. Fighting with another dude."

                        "Does Trish have any lasting vendetta against you?"

            "What does she not fuckin have against me? She fuckin used me from the start of our relationship. I thought she loved me for me, because she forgave me every time I cheated on her. But I realized she just wanted money."

                        "She sounds like a real charmer," Becca says sarcastically.

            "I'm serious Beccs! I can't let this get out. I don't give a fuck about the public, but I don't want Vera ever knowing about this. She can't."

                        "So you plan on keeping this a secret?"

            "Yes. I want the tape, and I want it destroyed."

                        "And what if Trish leaks it on, say, WorldStarHipHop? Then what?"

            "Then we'll deal with it, but it doesn't have to get that far."

                        "You should tell Vera about this, I'm just sayin."

            "I can't Becca. I'm a different man. I mean sure I had my one nightstands here and there, but in college, I was out of hand. I was deep into drugs. Shit I don't know how I kept a clear head enough to make it to the league. I don't need her to know about that. She's different. I'm in it for the long run."

            Becca stands and comes over to me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

                        "I'll do what I can Colin, but I'm telling you, if this gets out it won't just be bad for your relationship with Vera, it'll be bad for your career. It'll be bad for us. Try to smooth things over with Trish while we work on our end." I nod as she gives me a sympathetic look and heads out of the meeting room. I put my head in my hands. I'm knee high in shit for real.

Vera's POV

            "Look! I've got some chicken and pasta for you! You love pasta," Becca bursts through our office door with a large tupperware.

                        "Ooooohhh yummm, I'm hungry!" I exclaim. Becca puts the food onto my desk and I hurriedly open the container. As soon as the scent of the pasta and chicken hit me I feel an overwhelming nausea. I plug my nose. "Becca, where did you get this from?" I ask, crinkling my nose. Ugh, it smells so awful.

            "Team members are getting a free lunch! Why? Is something wrong with it?" Becca picks a plastic fork through the food, digging around in it.

                        "Ummm, no, but I think I'll just grab something later. Thanks Becca."

            "Okay sweetheart, suit yourself!" Becca grabs the plate of chicken and starts eating while she explains how the practice went. I smile at her colorful comments about Colin. Just then I feel my phone vibrate. 

Meet me in the locker room.

I feel butterflies rise within me.

            Ok? What r u up to mister? 

Just come. Now.

I close the message on my phone and push away from my desk.

            "Okay Becca, I'm going to go grab something from the vending machine and maybe meet up to have lunch with Colin. Is that ok? I'll be back in an hour or so." Becca nods between mouthfuls of chicken and gives me a thumbs up.

            I make my way down the long halls leading to the locker room, anticipation building up inside of me. As soon as I see the letters LOCKER ROOM I make a right, slowing down at the silence. Nobody's here. I feel hands come from behind me, pulling me close. Colin. He leans over to kiss my neck, his tongue stroking softly against my ear. I feel a tingling spreading throughout my body.

            "What are you doing, Colin?" He turns me around and guides me back into the locker room.