Chapter 83

Colin's POV

"Vera, please answer the damn phone. Please. You need to hear my side!"

I go straight to voicemail again, it has to be the fiftieth time I've called her. But she has to know. She has to know, the truth! Before I left for Miami I told her I had one more chance. That if I fucked it up, she could leave, no questions asked. Fuck, please don't take me so literal Vera! 

I look down at my phone, hesitating. Should I go to her and Leah's apartment? Will she even want to see me? Will Leah let me past the front door? Fuck.

 I grab the keys on the counter and bolt out the front door. 

**

"Vera?" I pound the door of the apartment, yelling through the damn keyhole. I turn around to look down the hall. It's silent, desolate. Something doesn't feel right. Knocking again, I twist the handle to see if the door's open. It turns. Shit, I told her to lock this damn door. 

"Vera?" I swing the door of the apartment open. The usually well-lit space is almost pitch black. I flip the switch right beside the door on, illuminating their living room. It's a mess. Things are all over the ground, dishes are piled high. Vera, the usual neat freak, wouldn't leave the house in such chaos. Making my way into the living room, I try to follow the sound I suddenly hear of something banging against the wall.

            "Vera!?" I rush down the hall to follow the sound.

                        "OOOOOoooOOHHH!!!!"

            What the fuck!? I shove open the door at the end of the hall, just past Vera's room. As soon as I do, the banging stops.

                        "WHAT THE FUCK!?" Leah's voice is unmistakable. It takes my eyes a little bit to adjust, but inside the dimly lit room I realize Leah is against the wall, Sean pounding into her. Sean's back is completely bare, both of their bodies glistening in sweat. As soon as Leah sees me she reaches for a blanket near her feet. Sean holds her still, his hips still moving. I turn away, trying to keep myself from laughing. Some comedic relief in the shit show that is my life. Leah, fucking Leah. 

                        "SEAN! Will you fucking stop! Do you not see someone here!?" I keep my back faced to them, holding up the doorway. There's footsteps, shuffling around, and then cursing. I hear Leah trip, curse again, and turn on the light.

            "My bad bro," Sean reaches around me, this time wearing some clothes, to give me a handshake. I raise my eyebrows at him, and he laughs, sauntering towards the bathroom at the end of the hall.

                        "What the hell are you doing here!" I feel a shove from behind me, and Leah pushes past me in a robe, clearly irritated at me being there. "Did I leave the fucking door open again?" Leah is talking to herself now, walking toward the living room.

            "Look, I don't want to interrupt anything, trust, I'm just trying to get a hold of Vera." Following Leah to the living room, I lean on the kitchen counter, looking toward Vera's closed door.

            "Is she here?" I ask. I need to see her. She has to know my side. She has to know I would never do anything to violate her trust. 

                        Leah rolls her eyes.

                        "If she was here the door would've been locked, to keep your dumb raping ass out of here."