#16 - Make up after first argument.

Brad-

About 10 minutes after you went upstairs to release all your anger and other feelings, you heard the front door slam shut. You listened for a bit and heard nothing, this made you feel worse, Brad had left you over a stupid argument about him not cleaning up his own mess. You went down stairs to check if he was there but he wasn't, you checked the kitchen, still as messy as ever. Sometimes you feel like you could kill him over the stupidest things.

You saw the headlights to his car reflect off the windows. You sprinted upstairs because you were still angry with him and you wanted to see what he would do. You heard him walk through the front door and head into the kitchen.

Bang bang bang bang bang bang.

What the hell is he doing? After about 20 minutes of deafening noises it went silent. You started to get worried. The wait was just too much to bare. You slowly and quietly made your way down the stairs. You were about half way down when the living room door swung open and Brad stood at the bottom of the stairs.

His eyes a bit red and puffy, but you didn't say anything. He probably wanted to keep some sort of 'manliness' in tact. So you left it.

He was surprised to see you. He gestured you to go to the bottom of the stairs which you did. When you reached the bottom he covered your eyes with his hands.

"Trust me." He whispered in your ear. Then guided you round the apartment. He lifted his hands of your eyes and revealed a spotless kitchen.

"I've put everything in the bin, wiped, mopped and even emptied the dish washer." He said. He looked proud of himself.

"I'll give you an award, you can now tidy a kitchen." You said in a sarcastic voice.

"Turn around." He said and you followed his orders.

You turned around and went back into the living room, on the coffee table was: a little cupcake with pink icing and a butterfly, bunch of red roses, box of thorntons chocolate and a card.

"The saying is 'DIAMONDS are a girls bestfriend' but this will do, I suppose." You said and Brad just glared at you. If looks could kill.

A few hours had passed and you were hungry. You went into the kitchen to get something to eat and inspect Brad's work.

It was very interesting.

"Brad, why is there an orange in the cupboard where the frying pan is?" You asked.

"I don't know." He replied. You just laughed to yourself and spent the rest of the night sorting out all the things that were in the wrong place. The orange was just the start.

--------------------

James-

You hadn't done much since the phone calls with Connor and James. All you did was mope about, eat, sleep and watch cheesy, soppy movies with romantic couples. You envied them so much.

The film 'The Proposal' had just finished. There was a constant bang and thump at your front door.

You opened the door to reveal a very hot, sweaty and out of breath James. Who had come all the way from America on his own. You were about to shut the door when he put his foot in the way.

"Just wait... Let me in and explain." He said.

You let him in to explain because it was the decent thing to do and you wanted to hear his pathetic excuses.

He started to explain.

He said he didn't ring you because he was planning a big birthday surprise party, and it happened to be his 'new girlfriend' that was planning it. But when they were seen by paparazzi she refused to do anything else for him. He got annoyed and angry and forgot to text you.