The Race For Love. Chapter 16

Okay so this is a long ass chapter/ YAll should definitely love me for it. ( Well i think its long I have to wait to see how many pages it is after I ppost it) Anyways votes and comments are much appreciated. You can like and tweet also. BUT I REAALY WANT COMMENTS. i WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYSZ THINK. SO COMMENT ALOT

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Alyssa wake up!" I heard Jake say as he nudged my shoulder.

"No... I'm tired" I said rolling over and pulling the covers over my head.

"Alyssa get up now, we need to be heading out pretty soon" he said.

"Jake please just like, another hour" I told him. He mumbled a whatever and walked out. I heard the front door open and close a couple of times. Then I was being lifted from the bed along with the covers that were wrapped around me. I screamed.

"Jake stop, shit you scared me!" I told him.

"I told you to get up" He walked out the room still carrying me and grabbed his keys. He walked out the apartment, locked the door, threw me into the passenger's seat and closed the door. I wrapped the blanket tighter around me. He got in the driver's seat and we began our journey back to Alabama.

The trip back to Alabama was way quicker than the trip from Alabama. This was mainly due to the fact that Jake was mad at me. The drive was pretty awkward because Jake barely even talked to me. I just went back to sleep or snuggled into my blanket. I read the sign that said we were entering the city of Deatsville. I sighed. Now that I was here I really didn't want to be back. I had made a decision on the first thing I was going to do when I got back to Deatsville. I inhaled a deep breath and turned towards Jake.

"Jake" I called out to him.

"Yea?" he said not looking at me but keeping his eyes on the road.

"Can you take me to the courthouse?" I asked him. He glanced at me for a quick second.

"For what?" he said answering my question with a question.

"To go get divorce papers" In the town of Deatsville it was easy to get a divorce. All you had to do was go to the courthouse get forms have your spouse sign them and then file them. It did take like four months for them to register and you had to go through a bunch of shit if you wanted your name changed. I knew this all because I had helped my mom with my parent's divorce. The only problem I was facing was getting Trevon to actually sign the papers.

"Are you sure?" he asked looking at me.

"Yea!" I replied.

We arrived at the courthouse a few minutes later. I went inside and asked for the papers. Jake came inside with me. I asked the lady at the front desk for divorce papers and she asked me if I had a legit reason as in adultery, addiction, or abuse. Of course I answered yes. She gave me the papers and told me to get my spouse to sign them, Attach our tax forms and returns and our banks statements for joint accounts. She said if my spouse wasn't willing to sign that I would have to go to court before a judge and plead my case. I felt like I had committed a crime. After I got out the papers and had all the information we left. I got in the car and looked at Jake.

"Jake..... is..it okay if I like stay with you, just for like a few days after I get Trevon to sign these papers" I asked him. I was kind of nervous that he would say no because he was still mad at me about what happen.

"Yea no problem" He replied.

"Thanks Jake, I really appreciate it" I told him.

"You're Welcome"

The drive to my house seemed to happen way to quick. It was like we got there in less than a minute. I knew Trevon was here because his car was parked in the driveway. Jake parked on the side of the street and cut the car off. I was so nervous. I didn't know how Trevon would react and then after breaking it to Trevon how would my parents react, but they couldn't be mad they had also gotten a divorce. They were probably going to be madder at the fact that I was getting a divorce because of Jake. If he would have never come down here, this would have never happen. I would have never gone to stay with him and I wouldn't be holding divorce papers in my hands right now.