The Race For Love. Chapter 15

Vote/Comment/LIke/Tweet/Fan if you havent already.

Umm some peole may not like this chappie. I hope you do but idk.

Well Enjoy and Let me Know what You think!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up the next morning and Jake was not playing in my hair. I opened my eyes to find him nowhere near me. I slowly got up out of bed and went to look in the kitchen because that was where he usually was. He wasn't there. I called out his name.

"Jake!" I called out once and then twice. Still no answer, I went to see if his keys were anywhere. I didn't see them. Hmm I guess he went somewhere. I grabbed my phone. Thirty-one missed calls. I dismissed all of them not bothering to see who had called. I dialed Jake's number. He didn't answer. I sighed and went in hopped in the shower.

Jake's POV

I knocked on the door. I stood there thinking why I was even here. I had a beautiful, smart, funny, loving woman at the house and here I was at my ex's house. She had called me earlier this morning asking if we could talk I said no at first but then I agreed. I heard her open the door and I looked up.

"Hey Jake." she greeted me.

"Hey Tiff." I walked in and closed the door behind me "So what do you want to talk about" I looked around the house that we once shared. That we once called home. I wonder where Will was.

"You want something to drink or anything?" she asked me.

"Naw I'm good." I told her. She was avoiding something. I knew her all too well. She sat down on the couch and motioned for me to sit down next to her. I went and sat.

"So how are you Jake" She asked.

"I'm good" I responded.

"That's good, so how is your job going" she asked.

"Tiff get to the reason why you called me over here" I told her. She paused and stared at me before speaking again.

"Jake I-I umm.... Wow I thought this would be easier." she said. I sighed. I was ready for her to spit out whatever she was trying to say.

"You can just say it, come on it's me." I told her.

"Yea I know," She said.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked her.

"Jake.....I'm still in love with you." she rushed out. What? DAMN. That was a shocker. I truly wasn't expecting that. I mean I never thought she would actually admit it to me. I mean why was she saying this? The only reason would be that she... Holy Shit! She wanted me to come back to her.

"Why are you telling me this Tiffany?" I asked just to be sure.

"Because I want to try 'us' again." she said.

"Tiff we can't do that." I told her.

"And why not? We have six months to renew our marriage if we change our minds and Jake I know we can make it work." She said.

"Tiff we don't love each other, it's just a missing each other thing. We were used to being together all the time and now we barely see each other. It's just an adjustment that we have to get use to." I told her.

"No Jake it's not that I miss you and I love you. I just didn't know what I had until it was gone." she said. I sighed.

'"Tiff what about Will?" I asked her.

"What about him?" she said.

"You're seeing him." I half yelled.

"It's just sex. It's nothing like the way I feel for you." she said.