The Color Of Love. Chapter 12

Chapter 12.

I was on my way to second period. I had not seen Jake at all. I hadn't seen him since Saturday when he came over my house he didn't even meet up with me this morning. I had kind of talked to him and texted him but he always would reply with one worded answers as if he didn't care so I would just say forget it. Why was he being like this anyway? Was I in the wrong or was he? I mean I just cancelled one day. I'm sorry that my best friend is pregnant and she needs me right now.

"Ugh I feel so sick" Lyci said interrupting my thoughts.

"Are you okay, you sure you don't want to go home?" I said

"Nah I'm going to try to stick it out" she replied. We walked into the class and I sat down and Lyci sat down right next to me where Jake usually sits where Lyci used to sit.

"Lyci come on that's Jake's seat." I said

"He can sit on the other side of you." She stated.

"Lyci he's already mad at me come on please just move" I begged and as if on cue Jake walked in he looked at me then at Lyci and shook his head and headed towards the back.

"Jake----"

"Don't worry about it" he said cutting me off. Damn He was definitely pissed at me. I laid my head on the desk. This couldn't get any worse.

I flopped down at my usual lunch table and laid my head down. I felt somebody playing with my hair. I looked up.

"Jake" I said in relief. I was really glad to see him and he was interacting with me.

"I brought you some chips and a soda; cheetos and dr.pepper, your favorite"

"Thanks" I said kissing him on the cheek. I opened my Cheetos and drank some soda. It was quiet between us and it was killing me.

"Jake---"

"Hey yall" Lyci said sitting down at the table. Jake looked away.

"Ooohh cheetos," Lyci said digging her hands in to my bag. I laughed at her. I didn't mind. She was pregnant and she needed her food.

"I'll see you later Alyssa" Jake said getting up from the table. Jake was mad at me I could tell. I got up from the table. I felt the tears forming in my eyes. I missed how we were before and it hadn't even been that long ago.

"Alyssa where are you going?" I heard Lyci ask, but I didn't stop. I was headed out to my car. The tears were falling down my face. I missed him so much. I heard footsteps behind me. It was probably Lyci but I didn't stop. Then I felt a strong pair of arms grab my waist and turn me around.

"Alyssa, baby what's wrong?" Jake said wiping the tears from face.

"You Jake, your what's wrong, your barely talking to me and your mad with me and I just want things to go back to normal" I said more tears flowing. He wiped them again.

"Lyssa, it's just that........I'm sorry" he said pulling me into a hug. "I didn't mean to hurt you". I looked away.

"You okay?" he asked me

"Can we leave?" I asked him

"Whatever you want "he replied with a smile. I grabbed his hand and we went to his car. I texted Lyci and told her I was leaving but I would be back before school ended. About ten minutes later Jake pulled into an abandoned parking lot behind a building, He pulled into a parking space and cut the car off.

"Why are yall friends again Alyssa?" he asked

"What are you talking about?" I said knowing damn well what he was talking bout