The Race For Love. Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of something in my air. I opened my eyes and Jake was hovered over me and he was playing with my hair. I don't think he realized I was awake though, because he wasn't even looking in my direction.

"Jake, what are you doing" I asked him. He turned his head and looked at me.

"Thinking" he replied.

"About what" I asked him.

"You" he said. I shifted away from him a little bit and sat up.

"What time is it" I asked him

"Two o clock" he replied

"What?! You are kidding right" I asked him

"Naw, You just looked so peaceful so I couldn't bring myself to wake you" he said.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"No problem. Well you should probably get ready so we can head out" he told me. I got out of the bed and went and grabbed my bag and then headed for the shower. Once I was done in the shower and had gotten dressed I walked out of the bathroom. Jake was laying on the bed looking at the ceiling with his hands behind his head. He looked towards me.

"You ready" he asked.

"Almost" I replied. I went and put all my things inside my bag and as I was doing it I saw my phone light up. I had a bunch of missed calls. All of them from Trevon! I sighed and was about to put the phone away but the screen lit up again. He was calling me. I answered.

"Hello" I answered. I saw Jake give me a weird look.

"Alyssa where the hell are you" I heard Trevon yell. Jake still stared at me with questioning in his eyes.

"I'm nowhere" I said not knowing what else to really say.

"You fucking bitch. Are you with him" He screamed. I was positive that Jake could hear him.

"Trevon calm down-" I started.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down, where the fuck are you" he asked

"Trevon don't be mad" my voice trembled.

"I swear Alyssa when you get back, you are fucking dead, I'm going to kill you" Jake came and snatched the phone out of my hand.

"You will not fucking touch her and for the record she won't be back" He said hanging up. Jake sat the phone down and came in front of me.

"Don't cry" he said. I didn't even know that I was crying. I felt so hurt. He said he would kill me. I was definitely scared for my life. Who knew what Trevon was capable of. Jake wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

"It's going to be okay, don't worry about him, he won't hurt you" Jake said pulling me into his arms and then I just started bawling. I had no clue where the tears had come from, but I just kept on crying like a baby into his chest. I couldn't even pinpoint one thing that I was crying over. Maybe it was because I was crying over to many things. I buried my face deeper into Jake's chest. I inhaled his scent. It was still the same as so many years ago. Wait, what was I doing? Why was I crying in front of Jake. I couldn't show him that I was weak. I couldn't show him that I cried over Trevon. I abruptly pulled away from him and got up off the bed. I muttered an "I'm Sorry" and went into the bathroom and locked the door ignoring Jake calling my name.

I didn't know how long I had been in the bathroom, but I had stopped crying a while ago. My eyes had kind of gone down from how they were when I had first finished crying, but they were still kind of red. I couldn't believe that Trevon had threatened me like that. I was his wife for God's sake. Why would he do that? I had no intention of going home anytime soon. Not with him acting like that. I would have to give him some time to come down first. It wouldn't be soon before he called my parents. He was such a suck up. My parents loved him, especially my dad. They would be so pissed once they found out that I was gone and they would be even more pissed if they thought I wanted to separate myself from him. Little did they know, that he was a wife beater.